Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
CSS wonder
For those of you who are interested in CSS you should take a look at Zengarden but just take a look at this example :

http://www.csszengarden.com/.../069.css&page=10

Not only should you take a look but most of all make sure that you have a look at it in FireFox or Opera basically a browser that supports PNG which IE still doesn't support without a hack several years after having announced it would...

Note how the two elements join up when you scroll down the page !!!

So Cool Cool

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] CSS wonder In reply to
That really is cool :)

But it applies more for publishing/blog/news/etc sites, than it does for links or general CMS.

Moving data around like that for allowing people to customize their home pages, and blogs, is cool.

For data-driven information sites, you don't want people to have to look in different places for the expected info.

Sometimes, things are "too cool" <G>

But it does give a really good idea of what css is capable of, and the potential you can offer to people for customizing their detail pages, home pages, etc.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] CSS wonder In reply to
In Reply To:
But it applies more for publishing/blog/news/etc sites, than it does for links or general CMS.

Yes as you know I'm biased from that point of view because I'm trying to get Links to be an on-line magazine type system...

I do find that there is a market though for this in the same way that you have black & white newspapers some people also like glossy magazines with impressive page design.

And you're right some people (and myself) get taken away with new stuff to the extent that even in magazines the design can hinder reading the articles...!

I think that's why Adrian's work is so good because his CSS has a far harder task in view of handling text that can vary dramatically depending on Links application.

Cheers, John
Significant Media