Quote Reply
Dreamweaver MX
Dreamweaver MX is in pre-release Cool

http://www.macromedia.com/software/dreamweaver/

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Dreamweaver MX In reply to
Know of any good sites designed with DreamWeaver?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Dreamweaver MX In reply to
http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk/
http://www.fbagroup.co.uk
http://www.walesyearbook.co.uk
http://www.geo-drws.co.uk/
http://www.ynysmonamour.com

;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Dreamweaver MX In reply to
I said "good" Wink
Quote Reply
Not personally but I believe there are some fine samples on the DW site. The real issue of a Dreamweaver designed site for me is the excellent clean & compatible code this program produces and with this new version, we actually get interface usability comparable with Microsoft products. Downloading the pre-release demo as I type (62 Mb!)

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked...I was interested to see what it could do as I am thinking of downloading the demo...wiredon needs a redesign ;(

Last edited by:

Paul: May 1, 2002, 11:54 AM
Quote Reply
/me slaps Paul ;-)

To get back to the original subject; Dreamweaver MX and Flash XM are truly excellent products! Check out the free trials - huge downloads, but worth it!

- wil
Quote Reply
Sure try the demo. When I had the beta 3 running very recently, it was chock full of bugs and performance was very slow. Hopefully things will have speedup up for this version.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Colin,

Oh yeah it has! It's excellent. I love it! :-)

I think what's important to remember here is that it's a design aid. It doesn't do nice site. If your design skills suck, then your sites through Dreamweaver will suck.

Where Dreamweaver really kicks off in the studios here is the site management functions of it. We have multiple designers working on one projects, they can each attach 'design notes' to the project, and see what has been updated and by who etc. etc. That's where the power of the product comes into it's own here with us.

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: May 1, 2002, 12:04 PM
Quote Reply
Will,

I didn't say it does "Nice" sites. I personally use TextPad for smaller code work and DW for complex table layouts. Please don't think for 1 second I'm inexperienced to this stuff that your post implies.

~ ERASER

Last edited by:

Eraser: May 1, 2002, 12:18 PM
Quote Reply
Hi

Not at all. I'm sorry that you got that feeling from my post. I tend to start off my postings addressing one person, then just adding my thoughts on the subject after - it was an afterthought - that's why the edit.

My comments weren't directed at you in any way, nor were they questioning your abilities!

Sorry for any confusion caused.

Wil
Quote Reply
No problem.

Where are you based - in London? I have a friend with years of design experience for several pop star website currently looking for placement in London. PM me if you have a position and I will pass on your details.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
He's in rainy old Wales....just next to rainy old Manchester.
Quote Reply
Oh, in them green valleys then Cool

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
Hi Colin

No, we're currently based in a town called Aberystwyth in Mid Wales => http://www.tinymicros.com/...ap&nodeid=162891

However, we're opening up base in Cardiff middle of July if he fancies making the treck over to Cardiff. We're looking to create what will be quite an exciting venture.

- wil
Quote Reply
Ok thanks for the info Will. I will pass on your web address to see if he's interested. Best.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
No problem. If he needs any more info about our proposed move, just tell him to give me a buzz on wil@fbagroup.co.uk.

- wil
Quote Reply
>>give me a buzz on wil@fbagroup.co.uk. <<

Wow your email server buzzes when you get new mail? Wink
Quote Reply
No, but if it's from a certain address; my phone does ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
HeavyBombers is an UltraDev (what's being merged into Dreamweaver MX) designed/managed site, but I won't claim it to be "good", as I do it myself and I'm the most affordable design guy I know. Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Dreamweaver MX In reply to
Check out its compatibilty

Theres even a php/mysql version.(I have waited for this. Angelic)

As said before dreamweaver doesn't make someone a good designer/developer but it does make your work easier.

The new version will allow lots of people to try differnet languages within a familiar interface.

With Dreamweaver,Ultradev and Homesite now wrapped into one package, things have also simpified.

Dregs2

P.S Dreamweaver MX, Visual Studio.net, MS SQL Server, MySQL now thats a combination.Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [dregs2] Dreamweaver MX In reply to
For me, the choice of using DreamWeaver over other applications (like Microsoft FrontPage) is the famous clean code this program produces as I mentioned in my original posts. As I see it, MANY potential users are put off using this program because of the unconventional interface that was designed around a wider screen space idea. Try finding a save/open button for instance! Whilst this did make the program less cluttered and with larger working areas, such an interface design was an additional learning curve *in addition* to learning the actual program itself.

With the new MX release things are much more exciting. The old UI is now an option putting the program in a wider league for many more users. Watch the sales and profits shoot-up for this company. John R. (a developer) from macromedia told me the special MM interface has long been a proudly held asset lifting them above the conventional, but were well aware of new user difficulties due to my above mentioned points.

Having worked with Macromedia on this new interface, I must say that not all ideas have been implemented - like not being able to configure the main file button menu so your left with some redundancy - this new release is the most usable to ever come from the team and I recommend anyone to try the demo if your a web developer of any sort.

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
>>Having worked with Macromedia on this new interface<<

No wonder you like it so much :)
Quote Reply
Actually, It makes no difference my work as an adviser on this project. I'm just glad this program is now more easier so folks like me can use it :-)

~ ERASER

Quote Reply
hmmmm ...

the new UI jsut got shot up by Adobe.

adobe wins $ 2.8 million

Macromedia did know that this case was pending. I'm quite surprised they went ahead anyway.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
> >