Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Desperately Seeking Helpdesk

Quote Reply
Desperately Seeking Helpdesk
Hi All

Need a fully web-based helpdesk that:

1. reasonably priced for fully owned system.

2. auto-closes tickets after staff replies and auto-opens them if/when user responds

3. has some way to display only tickets that are awaiting staff reply - hide or filter other tickets - so staff can quickly find tickets that need work

4. email piping or POP

5. stable, proven

6. doesn't require constant license checking - i can't risk my customers on a system that might have a license server failure or maybe the script creator books for the beach. I need something that will click along no matter what.

7. doesn't require user to register - instead, will allow user to create ticket either through web or through email - easy for user

8. other stuff i can't think of at the moment, but the above is a good start

I've tried tons of them, and many are good, but each one I've tried has one or the other above fatal flaw.

The system has to be totally customer friendly and use staff time efficiently.

Thanks for any suggestions Smile

------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [DogTags] Desperately Seeking Helpdesk In reply to
My hosting provider uses this one. Don't know if it's what you're looking for but it seems to fit your description.

http://www.kayako.com/supportsuite.php
Quote Reply
Have you looked at PerlDesk yet? I've been working with it extensively with a client and it works for the most part. I think it covers all of your requirements but you'd have to confirm that (#1 is a bit subjective).

One thing I wasn't too thrilled with is it's passing raw (tainted) user input into DBI (no place holders) which is real scary. I know they are working on a V3 which I hope will fix that but be warned.

I have another one bookmarked at home that I will post later too. I was more impressed with that one.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Hi,

Two ones we are involved with that meet all your requirements:

WonderDesk
Request Tracker

Let me know if you have any questions on either.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
You could use Bugzilla. It's not pretty like all the other ones (though you can control that to a great degree) and it's primarily designed for bug reports and RFEs, but it would do the job and it's free.
Quote Reply
Here is the other one I was thinking of: http://www.propanelsystems.com/

I just can't confirm that it meets every one of your needs. I figure it'd be worth a look see anyhow.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
http://www.kayako.com/index.php

Seen quite a few use it.

Thanks
HyTC
==================================
Mail Me If Contacting Privately Is That Necessary.
==================================
Quote Reply
Re: [HyperTherm] Desperately Seeking Helpdesk In reply to
Thanks, gang Smile

------------------------------------------