Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

OSCommerce?

Quote Reply
OSCommerce?
Hi..just wondering if anyone has used OSCommerce before? I just found it, after buying something through another site. It looks like a really cool script, but the problem I am having at the moment is getting it to look like the site. Has anyone had any experience with it, and what steps (files) did you take (edit) to make it look like your site? I really wanna get this going, cos it allows for a shopping cart, as well as CCand PayPal purchasing Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] OSCommerce? In reply to
hehe, one of the scripts I've downloaded and never got installed.

another find was ossuite ... posted recently at hotscripts.

If only I have had the time to do all these great things Blush

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] OSCommerce? In reply to
I got it installed now (here)...its pretty cool. I managed to find a couple of templates, which I think I will now use... (better than the original....lol).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
happy with it?

I'm thinking of trying to get it to work with postnuke .... or even plone which porbably might be better.

Quote Reply
Yeah, its great. Had a few comments from people about the purchasing system, and they love it. They said it makes it so much easier being able to add to a shopping cart, and then download the product from the account after (even encrypts the download URL, so they cant pass on the download URL to forums etc Smile)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
you using just oscommerce or the ossuite version?

Quote Reply
Dunnol what the OSSuite is Tongue I'm just using the catalog and admin panel :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk