Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Need anything new on the Net???

Quote Reply
Need anything new on the Net???
I'm just conducting a small survey of everyday Internet users. If you would like to participate, then please answer the following questions.

1. Are there any services that you would like to be provided on the Internet, but which aren't currently provided yet?

2. Would you benefit from HTML Tutorials on the Internet? If so, would you rather learn from an older and more established website, or a newer website, which is constantly kept up-to-date with changes in the webpage design world.
Quote Reply
Re: [xtracta] Need anything new on the Net??? In reply to
Quote:
1. Are there any services that you would like to be provided on the Internet, but which aren't currently provided yet?

I'm fairly sure 99.9% of any service you could ever wish for is available on the internet, including sending dog crap to people you hate via snail mail.

Quote:
2. Would you benefit from HTML Tutorials on the Internet? If so, would you rather learn from an older and more established website, or a newer website, which is constantly kept up-to-date with changes in the webpage design world.

There are already oodles of html tutorials available. But as long as the tutorial is good I don't mind if it's old or new.
Quote Reply
If it's a HTML tutorial then it's not going to 'keep up to date with changes in the webpage design world'. The HTML standard hasn't changed much in 5+ years. Now if you're thinking of CSS, XHTML, and other technoligies then yeah, I'd be interested.

- wil
Quote Reply
Quote:
Not really. If there would be an interesting idea, I would do it myself Wink. But almost all possible ideas were already done on the net, even extreme ones. However it's still possible (but difficult) to invent something, that is really new idea.

Quote:
There are a lot HTML tutorials on the net. There are some about webpage design, too.
Keeping up-to-date with newest technologies is always an interesting thing, especially if it's in tutorial format.

I think, an old, established website must refresh its content from time to time to keep its visitors. They also have to be up-to-date... A newer website is in a much difficulter situation, since it has to estabilish a good visitor basis, then it has to keep them by updating often, with interesting materials... Even a new website can grow quickly, if has good materials, good marketing, is kept fresh, and/or offers something special, that others not.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Jan 6, 2003, 7:20 AM
Quote Reply
Well, I really would like to open up my own website/e-business. Looking at how well established some sectors of the Internet are, I think twice about even starting. Even with an ad in every good search engine, there's always a name that surfers trust e.g. Hotmail for email, Amazon for books and GameSpot for games.

That's why I condusted this survey - just to see what everyone thought about it, and it seems that everyone has the same opinion as me.
Quote Reply
1.) Sell something Wink
2.) find soemthing that you really want or need, ie a script, that just doesn't do want you want it to do. Then search all over the world for it and then if it's not there script it or find somebody you trust to do it.

3.) I have this idea but .... the folks I trust are either not interested or just too busy. oh well. I wonder if GT would? problem is that I don't have the cash to pay for the man hours. Frown

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Need anything new on the Net??? In reply to
Quote:
3.) I have this idea but .... the folks I trust are either not interested or just too busy. oh well.

Cool

Last edited by:

Paul: Jan 21, 2003, 9:15 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Need anything new on the Net??? In reply to
Wink

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile