Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

Computer Spec. for server

Quote Reply
Computer Spec. for server
Hi all, as I said in my last thread, I got an assignment from my uni to make a webserver,

I also need to know the computer specification for a webserver which is going to be visitted by 10.000 person / day

and the homepage is just going to be HTML files and images files only.

Any suggestion what is the spec of that Server Computer that I need to use ? (include the LAN card brand or model, hard drive, OS and etc...etc...)

thank you so much
Quote Reply
Re: [televisi] Computer Spec. for server In reply to
I've removed both your _duplicate_ threads in the perl forum as that forum in no way related to your question.

As this is a uni assignment you should probably research the answers on your own.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Computer Spec. for server In reply to
Quote:
I've removed both your _duplicate_ threads in the perl forum as that forum in no way related to your question.

As this is a uni assignment you should probably research the answers on your own.

Hm... I tried to do some research using IRC, try to ask so many people what computer server spec that I needed, but somehow my IRC not run (douch...), so that's the reason why I subscribe this newsgroup, and hoping someone able to answer my question

another thing why I submit to Perl programming forum, it seems that they talking so much about SSL and also Apache, CGI which I thought it has related at all with them.....

when I tried to search SSL or APAche in perl forum, I found a LOT, but not any of them related to my question, that's why I ask it to them.........

Please specify what is your "research" means to you ???
Quote Reply
Research means exactly that, research on your own, not by asking someone else to find the answers for you.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Computer Spec. for server In reply to
but from where should I start if I have no experience at all in server computer specification??, so that's why I try to subscribe to a FORUM to ask ANYBODY who knows about it

and if someone who is KNOW about them, and referring me any brand, then... that's the time for me to RESEARCH.....I'm not that "SUPER" human that able to research directly without knowing what actually is that from someone else.....

and I'm pretty sure that this is why FORUM made for....am I correct ??

_usually_, I would prefer to answering someone question, fix others bad assumption in forum, instead of critics what others question, and that is the "things" that I usually do in my uni forum (helping others....that's FORUM...)
Quote Reply
Quote:
but from where should I start if I have no experience at all in server computer specification??,

There are about 14 billion webpages.

Quote:
and I'm pretty sure that this is why FORUM made for....am I correct ??

This isn't about your question, it is about the fact that its a uni project.

Quote:
_usually_, I would prefer to answering someone question, fix others bad assumption in forum, instead of critics what others question, and that is the "things" that I usually do in my uni forum (helping others....that's FORUM...)

See above.
Quote Reply
Google.com is a good place to start with something lime this :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Computer Spec. for server In reply to
How about bugging hosting companys for their recommended setup?

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile