Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

Trouble with Linked Server

Quote Reply
Trouble with Linked Server
I'm trying to create triggers for automated replication where I have one master database with all the information, then several smaller databases that only have information for each squadron using the database. I created a linked server to each child on the master, and a linked server to the master on each child. Now I can use four part names to access data on the master server from a child server and visa-versa. However, when I try to insert data into a table it tells me:

"The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction."

I understand the concept of this message, but have no idea why it would be having problems. Help would be much appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: [Robert.Starr] Trouble with Linked Server In reply to
I've come across this with different admin access information across linked servers. I'd suggest looking at your administrator user and system user configs to make sure they are shared across the linked servers.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Trouble with Linked Server In reply to
It's still not working, but you've given me an idea, I'm gonna mess with it awhile, see what I can make happen. Thanks for the input.