Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

QUERY HELP....

Quote Reply
QUERY HELP....
Hi,

There are a set of 10 courses for each student. Each students webpage wud have all 10 listed. Beside the Coursename it wud be listed as ADD/UPDATE ...

example: ENGL1123 ADD (ADD shows up coz the student hasnt added it to the Access dbase yet)
MATH5555 UPDATE (update shows up coz the student has already added the course)

and other 8 courses listed here .....

courses table has cid(prim.key),coursename. Students table has stuid(p.key),cid(fkey),stu_addedby(session username).

How wud i make a query in Access so that all Courses show up on all students pages but show ADD/UPDATE correspondingly??? I tried the Query so many times Pirate using DISTINCT,RIGHT JOIN, LEFT JOIN,etc..but it always shows repeated coursenames for each student...

PLZZ HELP!!
Quote Reply
Re: [suezee] QUERY HELP.... In reply to
Why the duplicate thread?

In terms of the ADD/DELETE options, all you have to do is loop through the query and use the CID as part of the query string within the ADD/DELETE links.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] QUERY HELP.... In reply to
How do I loop thru the query?? i have no idea..any ideas will be appreciated Smile

In Reply To:
Why the duplicate thread?

In terms of the ADD/DELETE options, all you have to do is loop through the query and use the CID as part of the query string within the ADD/DELETE links.
Quote Reply
Re: [suezee] QUERY HELP.... In reply to
I'd highly recommend searching the NET for ASP resources...I found quite a few tutorials about looping queries with ASP via GOOGLE.COM...

http://www.google.com/...amp;q=loop+query+ASP

Look for DO WHILE LOOP....
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me