Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

EMS MySQL Manager

Quote Reply
EMS MySQL Manager
Hi,

Currently I'm using EMS MySQL mAnager to create database for one of my projects. While importing data from Microsoft Access, I encountered errors. THey dun accept duplicate keys. Any ideas does EMS allow duplicate keys and how can I solve this problem? Otherwise I wouldn't be able to carry on my project. FrownThanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [Ling] EMS MySQL Manager In reply to
Have you thought about using AccessDump?

http://www.intranet2internet.com/public/default.asp

It is pretty easy to use and I've not encountered any duplicate key error messages.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Dec 3, 2003, 6:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] EMS MySQL Manager In reply to
But i'm using JSP for my website... it's a e-library system. Thus, when i insert a user borrowing 2 books, duplicate keys occurs... is it because they are foreign keys?
Quote Reply
Re: [Ling] EMS MySQL Manager In reply to
Doesn't matter about the programming language, I was thinking of the database and ensuring that you properly import from Access to MySQL.

Sounds to me like it's more a bug with your script programming than the database itself. Look carefully at your INSERT codes in your JSP scripts.

Best of luck.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] EMS MySQL Manager In reply to
AccessDump looks great. Does anyone know a similar SQl version?! So: create mysql import files from MS-SQL? This becasue we'll need to export data from our MS-SQL database to out MySQL database that we can ONLY reach true ftp access...

Would be great!

cK
Quote Reply
Re: [cK] EMS MySQL Manager In reply to
How about a two step process?

1) Export your SQL Server database to Access
2) Then export the Access database to MySQL

Or if you could consider using ErWin or ERStudios or other database diagram tools to work between different database systems.

Or you could use the DTS Manager or Import/Export utilities in SQL Server to dump your data from your SQL Server database to your MySQL Server...pretty easy solution and you can automate the transform jobs if you want.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Stealth: Jan 21, 2004, 8:17 AM