Home : General : Chit Chat :

Yahoo

Quote Reply
Yahoo
Yikes, Checkout the color of Yahoo.

Btw....I woke up this morning and looked at my clock...it said 10:11 = Sept 11
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Yahoo In reply to
maybe I'm missing the point with the clock, but Sept 11 would be 9:11.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy thoughts] Yahoo In reply to
Maybe that's a clue. Maybe Paul is planning something for October 11... hmmmm... Wink

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Yahoo In reply to
yeah. he's gonna hijack a few Afgan planes full of al Queda members and crash them all into Osama.

@Yahoo. It's an eerie grayscale frontpage. I'm actually quite suprised all Google did was a little ribbon. Usually they create new logos for their frontpage.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Interesting sidenote: Two of our major corporate clients at my job requested that their advertisements be taken down from our web site and removed from mass mailing advertisements between 9/10 and 9/12.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Yahoo In reply to
Yes, Slashdot has pulled all adverts so has many other web service providers out of "respect".

Respect for who I have no idea.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Yahoo In reply to
Yep a lot of tele-sales employees have also taken the day off out of respect for the 3000 odd dead.

It would be slightly disrespectful for businesses to try to force sales on a day like today.
Quote Reply
>>
maybe I'm missing the point with the clock, but Sept 11 would be 9:11.
<<

Thats what happens when you try to post 5 minutes after getting out of bed Blush
Quote Reply
> It would be slightly disrespectful for businesses to try to force sales on a day like today.

Oh come on! America more than anyone is insting that it's "Business as usual" and the world must go on. I believe the NYSE only close for a period of 5 minutes to observe and to pay tribute, then it was back to the trading floor as usual.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Yahoo In reply to
Well it's not so much respect, but fear. They fear consumer a backlash perceived profiteers.

Since we hate telemarketers anyway (I love to screw with them when they call) they'd just be more hated on 9/11....or Christmas Day for that matter.

Other advertisers don't want to get in front of any 9/11 bulldozers.

Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Yahoo In reply to
Quote:
America more than anyone is insting that it's "Business as usual" and the world must go on.

It's merely a matter of opinion. For some people the events are still playing out as if it had just happened. For others, it took months to get over. And some have yet to put the past behind them.

As for myself, (and please don't call me heartless) I'm quite tired of 9/11 this and 9/11 that every time I look at the newspaper or turn on the TV. The media simply likes to drag the news on forever. And that's a major reason why many people have not been able to get over what happened last year on this day.

I don't really want to hear anymore about 9/11 unless there's a major breakthrough in the investigation/war, such as that mofo being found dead.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
I have to admit I felt a bit guilty when I realised I was listening to Oasis at full blast at 1.46 (8.46 NY time)....oops

Accidental.
Quote Reply
Oasis? Are they still around? I haven't heard them on US radio in a while.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Yahoo In reply to
Yeah they've just released a new album here.