Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

hey cool. I feel talented now

Quote Reply
hey cool. I feel talented now
I just managed to pick a MasterLock with a stretched out keychain loop thingie. All these years of seeing people do that in the movies I thought it was impossible.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] hey cool. I feel talented now In reply to
Congratulations.

I prefer a brick through the window.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 14, 2001, 3:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] hey cool. I feel talented now In reply to
LOL. Anyone want to get together and rob a bank? Send me a PM Angelic

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Talking of crime, I'm going to go and watch "Wildest Police Videos" or whatever it is called...
Quote Reply
Oh yeah, uh.. don't take me seriously about robbing a bank, kay?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Haha. The FBI are probably onto you already.

[rant]
I'd hate to live in the USA at the moment. Have you guys got any rights letft? I'd be more scared of the Government than any Terroritst organsation. How long will it be before a bill gets passed allowing the government to read your mail, phone calls, emails, feed your dog, everything ... I'm sure the 11th of Sep attacks will just be used as an excuse to push these eavesdropping and control powers through. Ugh ...
[/rant]

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] hey cool. I feel talented now In reply to
Sorry we have just as many rights today as we did before 9/11. The government already scans emails for certain keywords relating to God knows what, and probably already have thousands of phone lines tapped. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a list of every book I've ever borrowed from the library. I don't really care what they do as long as they find the assholes they're after.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Hmmm on these occassions I'm glad I live in the UK :)
Quote Reply
Really? The UK are just puppets to the US. Whatever the US do you can guaratnee that we will follow suit very soon.

I hate to say this,. but Canada is the place to be at the moment. They've got a very good privacy, freedom of speech and human rights record at the moment.

Check out eff.org for more information.

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
>>The UK are just puppets to the US. Whatever the US do you can guaratnee that we will follow suit very soon.<<

Haha what gave you that idea. I don't think that nor the reverse is true. George and Tony are both strong minded and aren't puppets to anyone.
Quote Reply
I could go into this subject deeply. My sister is studying a masters in international politics at the moment and she is druming on about this all the time, so I'll spare you the grief ;-)

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Wise idea, you'd probably lose the debate anyway. Cool
Quote Reply
Have you ever browsed through alt.flame ;-)

- wil
Quote Reply
Yeah, seems like a waste of bandwidth.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 15, 2001, 3:07 PM
Quote Reply
Yep. A lot of usenet servers aren't carrying this crap anymore. Google have stopped indexing and archiving these kind of newsgroups.

- wil
Quote Reply
That is not a fair statement.

One terrorist attack is not going to destroy our civil liberties, which we have all them still in-tact, just more security has been added on multiple levels.

Also the technologies you've spoke of have been developed way before the terrorist attacks, and big brother schemes have been around for years...now heightened...

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Chewbaca: Nov 15, 2001, 6:15 PM