Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Car alarm

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Car alarm
Geez, those things are annoying... One just went off somewhere around the office about 3 minutes ago, and it's still going. I just hope the same doesn't happen to me again, especially if I get this car. Smile One can dream, right?

Ah, it finally went off!

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Car alarm In reply to
I'd much prefer

http://www.ferrari308.com/360/pict0011.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Car alarm In reply to
Yup, me too Smile
Quote Reply
Not me - even an S2000 I'd constantly be worried about. Besides - I could actually afford an S2000 (if I got rid of my current car). "Someday," I tell myself, "someday." Once I actually own my current car.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
This is what I currently own....

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/..._home/guusbaggen.jpg

Cheap and reliable....thats why Im errr....getting rid of it Crazy

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 23, 2002, 12:02 PM
Quote Reply
How sad is that - 'PICTURE GALLERY:(74 KA pictures)' Laugh

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Car alarm In reply to
How cool is that:

http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/...l_home/index-12.html

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 24, 2002, 2:21 AM
Quote Reply
Anyone else have this on their wish list?

http://www.lotuscars.co.uk/template.cfm?name=lotuscarsmodels_elise2000

Or maybe is funky brother... Cool

http://www.lotuscars.co.uk/template.cfm?name=lotcarsmodels_340r

moog
-- I've spent most of my money on beer and women... the rest I just wasted.
Quote Reply
Re: [travers] Car alarm In reply to
I'd prefer the fastest road car on earth:

http://www.plus4.freeserve.co.uk/macf1/mac013.jpg

It's a bargain at £500,000 ($800,000)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 24, 2002, 5:07 AM
Quote Reply
Come on guys, the only dream car worth owning is obviously this one here:

Ford GT40 concept (soon to production) car.

Yeah baby!

From Le Mans to my driveway!!
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] Car alarm In reply to
But it's still a Ford! Ugh!!

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Car alarm In reply to
Hm... we're boycotting Ford in our family... we had a crappy Ford Tempo go up in flames in our garage for no appearent reason one night after my dad's half mile drive home from work late one night back in '89.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [King Junko II] Car alarm In reply to
Ouch! That would put me off them for life! I still prefer Vauxhalls (I got a Nova Tongue).

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Car alarm In reply to
This is the exact car my dad drives....

....I had a go in it on the day he got it :) ......me => crap => pants
Quote Reply
And this is the exact car I'm currently driving now.. only in red.

- wil
Quote Reply
Hmm interesting.

I don't know of many insurance companies that would be willing to insure a 19yr old on one of those.

So it is either a low spec engine, your mothers/fathers, you aren't the named driver, you are doing something illegal, its a company car or you arent insuring it. Smile

(still prefer the audi...classier Wink)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 25, 2002, 1:03 PM
Quote Reply
hmmm .... really now you all ...

this is what I drive .... http://www.hondabeat.com/images/vigor.gif
Now, of course my car does not look any where nearly as good ... too many accidents and too many miles ... I've nailed 160,00km last month Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Car alarm In reply to
Here's my ride...

It's a '96, however mine has clipless pedals and many other aftermarket mods.
Quote Reply
I'm not sure about other states/countries, but here in Virginia you are required to insure your car or pay the DMV an uninsured fee to drive it legally. Anyone want my old '86 Dodge Aries for spare parts?

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Paul

Yeah, you're right. The insurance for me (I'm the only driver) is just over £850pa as I have no years of no claims, and 3 points for speeding - which I'm not very proud of.

It's not a low spec machine, it's the 2.4 JTD model (2.4 turbo diesel). Diesels are much cheaper to insure than their petrol counterparts.

The only Audi I would buy would be the TT. I chose the Alpha Romeo as, when I bought it, it was a very un-common car and I was the only one in town with one. Now, two years later, there's about a dozen of them :-\

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Car alarm In reply to
The only reason I have a car really is because I have to travel an hour to university so it is faily essential. I used to get the train but what a nightmare that was.

As for my dad.....he's obsessed with his car. He washes it religiously every sunday....he's so obsessed that he washes mine too :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 26, 2002, 2:43 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
Yeah, you're right. The insurance for me (I'm the only driver) is just over £850pa as I have no years of no claims, and 3 points for speeding - which I'm not very proud of.

Wow...who are you with? I've got no years no claims too (still learning to drive), but they want £1000 for my 1.2 Vauxhall Nova (its a bit souped up, lowered suspension, fat sound system etc, but this was all done by the previouse owner). I'm still waiting to pass my test, but until then I'm open to any ideas for car insurance (I dont wanna go on my parents insurace, as they drive a 1.6, and it would put up their insurance a hell of a lot if i have a crash).

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
>>The insurance for me (I'm the only driver) is just over £850pa as I have no years of no claims, and 3 points for speeding - which I'm not very proud of.
<<

Still not sure why you are paying £850 - you should be paying a lot more.

I've just been quoted £2870 with 3 years no claims bonus on the same vehicle from the AA, and I'm a year older than you with no points on my license.
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Car alarm In reply to
Well, you've just stated the exact reason why your insurance costs a bomb. You're a young driver in a souped up Nova. Novas are one of the most expensive cars to insure as it's the number 1 boy racer car in the UK. Insurance companies immediately assume that you're a boy racer who's gonna smash it up within a week.

And besides, diesels are a hell of a lot cheaper to insure than petrols. My friend just got a Rover 200 2 litre turbo diesel. Her insurance was £400 and something. If she wanted to insure herself on a Rover 200 1.4 litre petrol it would of cost her 700 something - and the disel is much faster! Crazy! I guess they just don't class diesel cars as performance cars and the insurance comes down?

- wil
Quote Reply
Paul

You've missed one vital part of the deal. I live in rural mid Wales under the Powys police authority - the poilce authority with the lowest crime rate in the UK. You live in Manchester. Work it out.

- wil
> >