Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Available Domains....

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Available Domains....
Hi,

Not trying to turn the chit-chat forum into afternic but would anyone be interested in buying any of the following...

girlboy.biz
talkstocks.biz
perlmad.com
hothosts.net

Im kinda depressed and poor so thought I'd sell a few of my domains.

I'll sit and watch no-one show an interest :)

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 14, 2001, 11:11 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Available Domains.... In reply to
Lol...i wish there was still such a mad rush for domain names. I brough templates.ws, hoping that someone would offer me some stupid amount of $$$'s for it, as it is such a good domain name. I couldnt have been more wrong. Some idiot trying to promote his site appraised it at $15,000, and i never had even one bid on it Frown After about a week of nothing i though, hell, lets make it into something. May as well make something out of the domain, and then if someone emails me and wants to by the domain later on they can buy the site too Smile

Just my idea on the matter....Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
I'll start the bidding at $10.00 for perlmad.com... :)

ed

Less Talk More Action: www.9o9o.com

Last edited by:

edpak: Dec 14, 2001, 11:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [edpak] Available Domains.... In reply to
I have the domain CheckHQ.com and was offered 800 USD last year. Being optimistic the offer would increase, I now still have the domain and no one now wants it.

BLAST! Mad

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye

Last edited by:

Eraser: Dec 14, 2001, 2:05 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] Available Domains.... In reply to
Rumor has it that the trendy uptown place where we used to get our hair cut registered the domain salon.com years ago and sold it to the present owners for a bundle of $$.

I knew I wasn't crazy...
http://www.austinchronicle.com/...e44/advertisers.html

Here's a list of advertisers in the Austin Chronicle from like 5-6 years ago. Avant Hair Salon had the domain back then.

Quote Reply
errr .... sorry ... I'm never going to buy a domain name from somebody ever again, especially not after the fiasco I had with my personal domain name that my dial up ISP had registered improperly.

He's a nice older man and did me a favor by registering my domain name and put it into "his own" name. With schedule problems and what not it took about 1 year to finally get it done.

I had to 1.) pay $50 for another year just so that it wouldn't get lost in the domain-not-payed ranks 2.) pay $50 to have the domain name transfer notarized 3.) pay internic (worldnic or who ever the rip off artists are) $35 for registering the name again 4.) pay $35 for 1 year of registeration to have use to it for 1 more year

the fees weren't much of a big deal but when I had 9 months left and having to pay for the same friggin year again really sucked!

word of warning folks, pick your place of registration wisely, some systems won't let you change to another registrar just like worldnic, they said that since I had just registered my domain name with them, I couldn't move it somewhere else until I've been with them for 2 months, and within those 2 months I had to pay for the next years (double pay) usage. Catch 22.

hmmm.... will there ever be a major internet break again? doubt it, it seems like this year's internet convention was a major dud too!

Geee ... .ws is now available too! hmmm.... WebSite much more like WeSuck!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Available Domains.... In reply to
Ah but I sell domain names so can change the DNS and contact info in minutes, then it's up to InterNIC to update their registry.

Tongue
Quote Reply
ahhhh .... I wish I had looked around more back 3-4 years ago.

Quote Reply
Its good having that much control and only paying $10 per domain :)
Quote Reply
true!!!

Quote Reply
Ahemm... [url=http://www.namebargain.com/]NameBargain.com[/url] only $8.88 US/year... Wink
Easy transfers and global DNS changes...

ed

Quote Reply
Damn a whole dollar cheaper?
Quote Reply
LOLOL... Every penny counts, especially when you register 40 or 50 names... Wink

ed

Last edited by:

edpak: Dec 15, 2001, 2:43 AM
Quote Reply
http://www.easyspace.com sells co.uk for $6.75. :-)

I sold my iwales.com domain to a domain name broker for £1000 a year ago. They're now advertising it at £1800 but no offers so far.

Have you tried contacting a broker? You actually own the domain they just handle the bidding for you and give your domain some marketing for free. I think they then take a small cut.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Available Domains.... In reply to
>>http://www.easyspace.com sells co.uk for $6.75. :-)<<

Not really surprising as .co.uk are not in demand.
Quote Reply
hmmm .... I've been thinking something similar for a long time now. Why would you want to put a domain under something other than .com .... sure you have script / programming languages that use the .org and schools with .edu but if you're a business and don't have a .com I think you'd definately be missing out.

I really don't think the internet really needs .ws or .biz or .net and such. Oh but all the words in the dictionary have been used or taken, you might say. Then I'd say be more original and think of a better name.

one 2 cents eh!

Quote Reply
I have all of my domains registered in .co.uk. Because all of our 8 doamins are for businesses within the UK, and therefore it makes sense. It actually helps business with a few of our domains too, because people are looking for 'localised' services and would waste their time on .com domains just to find out that they're based somewhere over the pond.

Definitily works to our advantage. And besides, it really does pee me off people going and registering domains that don' correspond to their country codes. It makes a mockery of the whole system.

- wil
Quote Reply
.com domains aren't country based Tongue

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 16, 2001, 9:43 AM
Quote Reply
I thought .com was originally for American domains. Although saying that, I do remember reading somewhere that they are thinking of releasing .com.us TLD soon.

- wil
Quote Reply

>>
COM - commercial entities, for-profit companies
.EDU - four-year colleges and universities
.NET - network infrastructures machines and organizations
.ORG - miscellaneous, usually non-profit organizations
.INT - international organizations (e.g., NATO and the U.N.)
.GOV - agencies of the US Federal government
.MIL - this domain is used by the US military

<<

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 16, 2001, 1:05 PM
Quote Reply
Wil and Paul,
---------------------------
Interesting that you get a localized feeling from your domain names. hmmmm ....
---------------------------
errr .... if my faulty memory is right both of you are correct. Paul's list is right but what Wil said that .com is mainly a US thing I remember being so too, actually US is in the list several times, military and government.

Now, what sucks is if you want to get a country specific name but that country -- Japan -- for the longest time would only 1.) give you a name if you own a company 2.) charge you $200 a year to boot your only choice would be is the .com which at the time was still around $30. So which is more of a pisser having to get .com or paying outrageous prices???

But all this doesn't really matter now does it?

Quote Reply
Actually, it's a system-wide agreement that the registrar cannot be changed for two months after a domain is registered. It prevents people from jumping around, and allows the system to "catch up", so there are no duplicate or conflicting records out there.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Available Domains.... In reply to
thanks pugdog.

I just got hit at a bad time with all that. should've been more on top of things. Hopefully my post will save other people some hassles. Angelic

Quote Reply
weird, have I missed something? Western Samoa (.ws) domain name - useful if your in Western Samoa I guess :-)
Quote Reply
Re: [chmod] Available Domains.... In reply to
hiya,

I can swear I read that .ws = .WebSite was being offered. Found it ! It was in a spam email from VeriSign

Quote:
Leading technology companies like Yahoo, Intel, Dell,
and Cisco have already secured their valuable domain
names with .WS (WebSite) address. Do you value yours
any less?

hehe picked the lines which put pinch on the reading ... peer pressure that is.

> >