Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Bali...

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [Aki] Bali... In reply to
Being white flying into Frankfurt 12 hours after a bombing with a jewish sounding name was pretty scary for me when I was 16.

@ polling
That's why I mentioned getting in and digging for the real opinions.

@ economics
hehe, I vote pull the plug on the whole world. Various countries take US money with one hand and with the other give the US the bird. I really want to see the UN to get off their fat bums and do something one way or the other.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Bali... In reply to
All I know is I don't want to be here when it all kicks off.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Bali... In reply to
hey, you're welcome to come here for a while. one of my roommates just enlisted in the Army and will be starting basic training in January. I need someone to take over his share of the lease :-)

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Bali... In reply to
That is a very funny yet satirical visual QooQ. One hand with money and the other, the Bird!

Paul, nobody wants to be where a target is drawn on a map. We live about 2 miles from one of the largest ammunition bunkers in the southwest US. If it gets a direct hit we will not have time to sneeze before we are turned to charcoal. Basically the inner circle on a ground zero map!

The island there of course is much more difficult to defend than the US soil but the British have a kick ass Navy and a very strong Air Force. Virtually along the same lines as us (based upon the amount of coastline that needs to be covered as a percentage). But we have more than half our troops around the world helping other countries fight their wars and maintain peace (I think it was over 70,000 just in Korea for example).

The UK can take care of itself. And when the US and England stand united virtually no nation would consider taking us on (the exception of course is radical whatevers from countries that think killing people gets you into the Holy land).

So as I said, cut them off! Call in all the world debt and if they can't pay then take colateral. Whatever it takes. Let the world stand on its own without the US and England being their saviors for awhile. It would be interesting to see what they would do next!

Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Bali... In reply to
Brian, whereabouts do you live? I'm assuming you're talking about the Radford Army Amunition Plant? I remember hearing RAAP is #4 on Russia's US targets list.

[edit]just mis-read your post.. you said "southwest", not "southeast".[/edit]

At any rate, bombing the RAAP would be a huge disaster.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

Last edited by:

fuzzy thoughts: Oct 17, 2002, 2:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Bali... In reply to
The US and England united. Smile

I definitely like your idea for going back to late 1800's mentality of shutting out the world for a bit to do some inner reconstruction. The ramifications of this would be sooo huge, I just love the thought. Come on, nobody wants the US to play policeman. Many countries have graffitti scrawled on walls saying Army go home. Imagine that all of these little countries having to find some other sucker to do house cleaning for them. whoo, Teambldr your ideas are a bit radical but I love it.

I'm sure thought that the US would go through other reprecussions like high unemployment and such but if a public works compaign would be put in place I'm sure many of the young men who would leave the army would be useful to build parks, revitalize down town areas, be useful in patroling crime ridden areas, and what not ... in effect counter acting against high unemployment and a high count of food stampers.

hmmm, is the 21st century a time of the US taking care of it's own or of the US becoming the United Nations?

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
> >