Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Aarrrrggghhhhhh

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Aarrrrggghhhhhh
Now you foreigners who live amongst wild creatures may find this a little pathetic but I was just about to log off and the _BIGGEST_ moth just flew into my bedroom.

It was the size of a bloody bird!!!!!!!!

I've just been wrestling with it and I threw the bugger out and it flew back in and I nearly crapped myself as it came towards my face.

Who knows what my parents were thinking in bed next door as I was diving around my bedroom trying to catch this ginormous thing with the wingspan of a commadore.

I was trying to cloak it with a t-shirt and it was having none of it....I was about to bring on some serious ammuntion (my cats).

Ugh I don't think I'll sleep tonight knowing that creature could fly back and land on my face.

The worst we get in England creepy crawly wise is like a worm or something...we aren't hardened to these giant aliens.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 19, 2002, 4:45 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
> Ugh I don't think I'll sleep tonight knowing that creature could fly back and land on my face.

Then close the windows. =)

- wil
Quote Reply
The AUSTRALIAN BIRD EATING SPIDER.... thats one to loose sleep over, and the worst I have ever seen with my own eyes!

Well, I'll know if you don't show up on the forum tommorow, that you got eaten!Tongue

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Its about 25 degrees dude I'll wake up like a steamed chicken.
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
>>
The AUSTRALIAN BIRD EATING SPIDER.... thats one to loose sleep over
<<

Bah, unless you are a bird I guess you don't need to worry....its these moths and flies you gotta worry about :) ...they suck your blood and leave you like a piece of toast.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 19, 2002, 4:58 PM
Quote Reply
mmmmm Toast.

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Uh oh....I've started an uncontrollable frenzy of mmmmm's

Doh!

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 19, 2002, 5:05 PM
Quote Reply
and doh'sSmile

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Doh! a deer, a female deer.
Quote Reply
They actually throw up on you (flies that is) and suck up the juice afterwards. I am unsure about the eating process of moths though...

Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
>>They actually throw up on you (flies that is)<<

Yeah they throw up on food too :(
Quote Reply
Don't sweat it though. They can only eat their weight in liquid food in 24 hours. But if they go tell about ten million of their friends I would run like the dickens!Shocked
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Come to Texas some time. I'll show you some of the biggest gnarliest bugs you've ever seen.

Mike
That's the problem with nature. Something's always stinging you or oozing mucus on you." — Calvin (& Hobbs)

Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Everything is big in Texas

Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Man...what freaks me out is those damn black widow spiders...they are only like 1 cm long and thier bite is deadly...and painful at that...1 cm do you know how hard it would be to spot such a small creature...I saw some guy who was bitten on the foot by one...it wasn't pretty...the aftermath is pretty brutal.

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate
Quote Reply
Re: [Crapshoot70] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
This spring we had cicadas (a large bug with long transparent wings, which makes a shrill droning noise after dark.) These are the periodic or 13 year cicadas. They live in the ground for 12 years then come out in mass. I was walking in the yard and one latched onto my little toe, I jerked my foot up and pulled it out of the ground. I guess it needed help it get out of the ground.

They look like a big horse fly with red eyes.

Regarding spiders, we fear the brown recluse more than anything. Local folky-folks will tell you that wolf spiders will eat brown recluse, so we leave the wolf spiders alone when we find them in the house. I think they eat cock roaches and waterbugs as well.

One night I felt a wolf spider crawling on my chest, I was asleep, so I waited until he crawled down my arm and into my hand, then gave him a gentle toss across the room.

Now they found a dead bird in town that tested positive for West Nile Virus. To spray or not to spray, that is the question?
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
All I can say is hooray for living in England :)
Quote Reply
Well, except for the weather Tongue

EDIT: Its actually been quite nice this week, and most of last week...so what I said was a bit of a lie...except the other 10-11 months of the year Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Jun 26, 2002, 5:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
I hate creepy crawlies. Glad to know I have company. Smile
I live in Singapore and my house is a perpetual insectorium. Beattles to flying cockroaches... Oh, I think my house is also a transit area for birds. Every so often a bir would fly through my living room to my kitchen and SLAM! into my kitchen window which is closed. One of them actually was as dumb as to attempt to do that several times and let's say that the ending wasn't pretty.
Julian
Quote Reply
I actually woke up one night to find about a four inch long by a half-inch wide centipede on my bare arm. The thing had bit me (probably what woke me up). I jumped out of bed and beat it down with a shoe. I had fang marks on my arm for about a month from that sucker. Luckily, they aren't poisonous where I live.

Sean
Quote Reply
Re: [SeanP] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Eww thanks for sharing that as I make my way to bed....sigh.

I once had a giant bee on my shoulder without realising and turned my head to find this big black buzzing creature staring me in the face.

To say I yelled and started sweating would be an understatement. Luckily I had a tennis racket in my hand at the time..heh....(as did my sister).

Yes I won the match, after all women are the weaker sex.
Quote Reply
You should see me play tennis - I make John McEnroe & Ille Nastase look like saints. Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Is Wimbledon being shown over there?....I've been watching it for the last few days whilst working on the computer. My tv is about 12 inches above the pc monitor...I like to work in sytle Wink ....hopefully my sister is getting cable tv for my bedroom for my 21st.

>>Ille Nastase<<

Who? lol
Quote Reply
jeepers their just bugs. What is with you guys .... or is it gals now?

Those giant moths are cool .... sh_t the size of them alone is sweet compared to their smaller brethren.

Crazy

go get half the box of tissue, wad it up so you don't feel the poor bugger being crushed and chuck it in the garbage can .... Well, that's the way my wife does it at least.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Aarrrrggghhhhhh In reply to
Bah, just as I'm about to go to bed a huge moth flew into my room again....I can't go to bed now until I find it...its somewhere in my room and I can't see it and I sure as heck ain't going to root it out because I can see it lurching out of a dark corner into my face.
> >