Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

...cow?

Quote Reply
...cow?
Argh..I can't make ouyt my teachers writing! I'm trying to find some stuff on the net. I've found stuff on 'gamma cameras', and now I need to find some stuf fon something called a 'molyod... cow'. Does anyone know the rest of the molyod.. part? Its a really weird name, refering to some kind of radiation treatment/therapy. Otherwise I'll have to wait until tomorrow :(

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] ...cow? In reply to
Are you thinking of the trace metal, Molybdenum (Mo)? Its radioactive isotope, Mo-99, is used in nuclear medicine.

Cheers - Dan Cool

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] ...cow? In reply to
Yeah..thats it! Why do scientists and teachers always seem to have such scruffy writing? Crazy hehheh

Thanks Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Well this could be anything.. What line of work are you doing? I know of a few similar treatment names to treat cancer, if that helps.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] ...cow? In reply to
It's a metallic chemical element, one of the transition elements, chemical symbol Mo, atomic number 42. It is a silvery gray, relatively rare metal with a high melting point (4,730°F, or 2,610°C) that does not occur uncombined in nature. Since molybdenum and its alloys have useful strength at temperatures that melt most other metals and alloys, they are used in high-temperature steels. Applications include reaction vessels; aircraft, missile, and automobile parts; and electrodes, heating elements, and filament supports. Some molybdenum compounds (in which it has various valences) are used as pigments and catalysts. Molybdenum disulfide is a solid lubricant, used alone or added to greases and oils.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] ...cow? In reply to
LOL..good copy and Paste Paul Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I did do chemistry a-level :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 20, 2002, 9:48 AM
Quote Reply
So why didnt you know the name when I asked you over MSN a second ago...hehheh ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I don't listen to half the stuff you send me on MSN :)
Quote Reply
so what is the cow part about again?

Crapshoot70 (this isn't my real name)
--
I don't like anyone...but everyone LOVES me Unsure
--
AKA...The Post Pirate Pirate