Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Urgent brain teaser

Quote Reply
Urgent brain teaser
I need a help!

If anyone has an idea what this could be, please tell me.

My guess is that it's some kind of software or os or something like that and that you should pay attention to the names.

" It!
Barry makes it to sell it. Larry buys it, but never uses it. Rodney uses it,
but he doesn't know about it.

Question is...
What is it? (Answer : ??????)

1 word, 6 letters "
Quote Reply
Re: [BuBi] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
Coffin.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
"Larry buys it, but never uses it" doesn't make sense to me.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
Someone had to buy it, Rodney sure couldn't do it :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
How do you know Rodney didn't know he was going to die so bought it in advance?
Quote Reply
Either he is lives forever (but cannot be vampire as otherwise he would use the coffin, daily), or is willed to be cremated (coffin out, urn in). That one got me too. But with further thought, I think it is implied that he will never will use it while alive. You cannot use something when you are dead - your 'using' days are over.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
But you don't use coffin until your are dead. And when you are dead, your 'knowing' days are over. Therefore, you cannot know you are using (cp. know will use) the coffin. Maybe your children buried you instead in a burlap sack (with a few cats for good measure). Then converted the coffin into a planter.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
Well this may very, but in my experience it's the living who buy a coffin for the dead. I know some gang members prepurchase their own coffins, they expect to die soon, but usually it's the surviving family members who buy the coffin.

Unless you know your death is near, I doubt few buy ahead. A cemetery plot is another matter.

Myself, light a match - I prefer to be cremated. No fuss, not much muss, and no wasted space.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: May 7, 2003, 10:40 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Urgent brain teaser In reply to
Good points! I'd personally chip in for coffins for gang bangers if it would get their second foot closer into the box Wink And same here, I even like the idea of a funeral pyre. But BYOM - bring your own marshmellows Smile

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Quote:
I'd personally chip in for coffins for gang bangers if it would get their second foot closer into the box

Doesn't that comment make you almost as bad as them =)
Quote Reply
Maybe, but I'd go all the way. Not just a pine box. Oak, with plush velvet lining in their gang colours Wink

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Ah well, you should come and live in a civilized country where gang bangers don't rule the streets.