Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

installation problems

Quote Reply
installation problems
looks like i have the same installation problems
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT::Template::Parser (3721): Unable to open template file './templates/./templates/database.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at GT/Template.pm line 300.Pirate

actually, the file does not exists in the installation package - zip or gz files
i can't find it!

by the chance does anyone knows where can i get older version of mysqlman ?
it was easy to install and was reliable as ak47!Smile

Last edited by:

videokef: Oct 11, 2001, 11:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [videokef] installation problems In reply to
Smile I found old version on my backup cds, i'm saved !
no more installation problems :)
Quote Reply
Hi videokef,

Change $SCRIPT_PATH = '.'; to $SCRIPT_PATH = '/full/path/to/mysqlman'; in mysql.cgi should fix the problem.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [CP] installation problems In reply to
Hi there!

I seem to have the same problem, and I try your suggestion and I ge an internal server error. Any ideas?

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: [phawley] installation problems In reply to
What version are you using? I had the same problem with v1.06. The $SCRIPT_PATH mod suggested by CP fixed it for V1.06.
Quote Reply
Re: [daveande] installation problems In reply to
I'm using 1.08. I'm going to try a new clean install, and a few other suggestions I have seen regarding paths (I have tried a bunch of things listed here). Perhaps the suggestions about the vservers will help. My host switched servers back in march and perhaps they use those now.... But if you can give any other suggestions they will be appreciated.

I've got 15 years of net admin experience, but not too much with unix and cgi (mostly NetWare)... haven't ever found anything I couldn't get runnning...Smile

Thanks,

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: [phawley] installation problems In reply to
No other suggestions. But I do have a question. Where do I find V1.08? The version in the Download area is V1.06. It's a complete mystery to me where V1.08 is hiding. Hope you can help!
Quote Reply
I get a different error:
Can't locate GT/CGI.pm in @INC
etc
2. If the file exists in the folder, then check if the path to MySQLMan folder is in @INC.
If @INC does not contain the path then add
use lib '/path/to/MySQLMan';
to the beginning of mysql.cgi.

Please refer the comments in mysql.cgi for detail.
etc

Seems strange that I have to tell it where the .cgi program is, when I'm running it from my browser, and yet I don't seem to have to tell it where my database is !

Have set use lib '/home/mydirectory/MySQLMan' but still won't work.

Quote Reply
Re: [CP] installation problems In reply to
I'm having similar problems. I was able to get the scripts working mostly after changing the script path, but some pages still fail, which is even more bizarre.

Specifically, when I try to create a new table, and submit the form that asks me for the table name and number of columns, I receive:

"...fatal undef error: GT::Template::Parser (19266): Unable to open template file '././create_field.txt'. Reason: File does not exist. at GT/Template.pm line 300...."

The file does exist in /templates, so thats not the problem. Should it be someplace else?

File not found is the same error I was having before, but now it only happens in this one place! It was happening for all help links, but I fixed that by adding a uni-accessible compiled folder inside of the help dir.

What could this be? seems so odd.

I have used wtih much success earlier versions of these scripts and would very much like to find some of those...maybe its time to look!

Thanks in advance,
Darrell