Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

COPY TABLE

Quote Reply
COPY TABLE
Hi there!

I'm using MySQLMan V1.06. What's the simplest way to copy a table - say tablename to tablenamecopy? I don't need to be able to access the copy to download. It can reside on the mySQL server alongside all the databases other tables.

Thanks in anticipation.

Quote Reply
Re: [daveande] COPY TABLE In reply to
MySQLMan does not allow you to 'copy' tables per se.

But you can try any of the following suggestions:

1) SQL Dump your database. Then in the dump file copy the CREATE/ALTER set of codes for the table you want to copy and re-name the table name in the copied set of codes.

DROP all your tables, then execute the DUMP file via shell.

2) You could manually create the table but rename it something differently. Then EXPORT the data from the table you want to copy and then IMPORT the data into the new table.

3) You could try to run raw SQL commands in the SQL Monitor window.

Other than that, you would have to persue shell solutions by directly accessing your MySQL server and running commands. I believe in the most recent version of MySQL that there is a COPY function.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] COPY TABLE In reply to
Thanks Chewbaca

I guess it was the first point I wanted confirming, lest I was missing something.

I'd figured that your solution 1) was a way of going about it, and that's the route I'll now pursue!

Thanks again for your help.

A follow-up question if I may. I downloaded V1.06 a couple of days ago, but I've seen posts in the Forums referring to V1.07. Was this withdrawn subsequently do you know?
Quote Reply
The version is actually up to v.1.08. I don't know if GT has updated version numbers in the config file or not...but I believe that there are some Announcements in the Announcements forum related to "recent" releases of MySQLMan.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] COPY TABLE In reply to
I've scoured the Forums and there appears to be a lot of confusion about the latest version of MySQLMan. I can't find anything in the Announcements forum for anything later than v1.05. The .zip file in the Download area decompresses into a folder named mysqlman-1.06, the Revision History in the associated Readme goes as far as Dec 28, 2000: Version 1.05 and the installed software declares itself to be v1.06.

Why do you think there's a later version, and if there is, where's it hiding?
Quote Reply
Go to mysql.cgi with your browser and look at the version number in the top right corner
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] COPY TABLE In reply to
And - like I said - when I do "the installed software declares itself to be v1.06".

Last edited by:

daveande: Nov 4, 2001, 4:24 AM
Quote Reply
Sorry, was only wondering what version it said. I must have missed the bit where you mentioned that.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Nov 4, 2001, 6:14 AM