Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

plugin hooks

Quote Reply
plugin hooks
I haven't found any plugin hooks in community. Am I blind?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] plugin hooks In reply to
No, there is no plugin support just yet.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] plugin hooks In reply to
But I assume there will be? Would be great!

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] plugin hooks In reply to
Hi,

Once we nail down 100% the API, we'll look at putting hooks in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Can you tell me more or less when this wiil be done?
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] plugin hooks In reply to
I don't think Alex will mention about dates which most companies won't do:)
Quote Reply
Re: [xpert] plugin hooks In reply to
However even if the apis are not yet implemented, one can in any case develop a script for community right?
Max
Quote Reply
Re: [xpert] plugin hooks In reply to
>>
I don't think Alex will mention about dates
<<

I think perhaps he learned from announcing community 18 months ago Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] plugin hooks In reply to
Well I hope that the process of being a complete release will be quickier than before or we'll become crazy! Crazy
Max

Last edited by:

maxpico: Jan 22, 2003, 5:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] plugin hooks In reply to
I need to develop a plugin and I'm in a sort of rush...
Since there are no hooks I can't do a plugin right?
Please can GT tell me when this will be available?
Thanks
Max
Quote Reply
I think you're jumping the gun a little here. This is a preview release of potential software. You should never run this sort of candidate software on a live production server. Gossamer Threads have a very solid reputation for bringing out solutions that have been tested thoroughly and work properly. Therefore, don't expect these changes overnight. As we have seen with various Gossamer products, features are moved down the to-do list in favour of reliability and a working solution. Only then can you add more features to a product.

If you're in such a mad hurry to get something up and working on your servers, then maybe you should email Alex personally and enquire about a custom made project for a nominal fee to get your project up and running.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] plugin hooks In reply to
I know.. In fact I'm in contact since months with GT.. We waited the long awaited release of Community. They seems not to be available for custom solutions also if I requested this months ago... Probably I'll pay a programmer to do this using the plugin hooks of gforum...
I want to know (at list more or less -a couple of week, a month?-) an indicative date of the release of plugin hooks so I can make plans....
Max

Last edited by:

maxpico: Jan 24, 2003, 4:01 AM
Quote Reply
Please calm down a bit. I'm sure GT does the best what they can to release GC ASAP.
Don't make them hurry, because if they mistake a security bug into GCommunity would effect on much more users: GForum, LSQL, etc...
Otherwise, I think the next beta is not so far away, and probably neither the final version.
IMHO.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] plugin hooks In reply to
I'm calm Angelic
However I just want to be in a position to make plan for my website... Probably my error was to base an important part of my site on a not yet released product (community)...
Max
Quote Reply
They might be able to give you an estimate, but the most likely answer you will get is "when we are satisified that it's ready for release".

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to."

- wil

Last edited by:

Wil: Jan 24, 2003, 5:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] plugin hooks In reply to
well... Sly
Max
Quote Reply
Hello Alex,

I would love to hear about including PPC plugin support for community. It would be very helpful for just the one signup. Did that make sense ?

THX.
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] plugin hooks In reply to
Quote:
I would love to hear about including PPC plugin support for community. It would be very helpful for just the one signup. Did that make sense ?

PPC uses the Links SQL user authentication functions, so it should work just fine. Of course, we'll do testing to confirm, but I don't see any problems with it and it will definitely be supported.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi Alex,

Would it work for two LinksSQL's?

We wanted to use one installation for documents & articles and the other, as intended, for links. It is understood that to do this we'll need to install another version of LinksSQL and set up for this purpose. So a link owner would be able to navigate through both sites and administer both of his accounts through one main login account? Or account panel?

This would be really excellent.
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] plugin hooks In reply to
We are live (but debugging) a site that is handling both the Data and the News from one Links SQL install. (Two might have been better, but it's my personal project $$ and not client).

So an interesting question soon when we want to start charging a fee on the registation

http://www.yachtcom.com
Quote Reply
Re: [gatman] plugin hooks In reply to
Hi Gatman, can we move this thread to another section, I'd like to ask you about this. I was told by the higher ups that running both data and links couldn't be done. Maybe you are using it differently?