Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

field username 2

Quote Reply
field username 2
Hi Andy, I would like to have a second username field in gcommunity. The field should have the same options like the existing username field.
It should be protected after registration and I need to display it in glinks like this <%username_2%>

The problem is that the users are already there. And I want to give them an option to choose a second but not changable username?

Sounds Impossible to me Whistle

Matthias
gpaed.de

Last edited by:

Matthias70: Mar 9, 2010, 2:42 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] field username 2 In reply to
Mmm, you want to give them the ability to login with the 2nd username too? If so, that would be impossible.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] field username 2 In reply to
No not to login, I need just another field, where new and existing users can write one name, which can only be changed by admin!

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Mmm ok - not sure how that could be done (cos if you add it into the database, then it will show up on the signup + modify profile pages)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] field username 2 In reply to
Yes, that's weird. I wonder that no one else needs protected fields beside the username...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Not sure. Maybe its something GT could do as a custom job (afraid I dont have the time, nor interest to do it - as I expect it would be quite a PITA to do)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk