Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Username: Property

Quote Reply
Username: Property
Hi Alex!

Is there a way to change the Username in comm i.e. Login name at a later date?

I have only email addresses as username like many. So there will be a mix of names + email addresses.

I thought if there is a tag in the table that detects a special message to be given to the user would be perfect as it would be multi-functional. After the user gets the message or reminder to change the user name there could be anathor page to be loaded where one can change based on email + password. This way it would help to achieve consistency with in the table as regards to the username. Many users have four characters in one application and other has different. Thereafter, a user needs to enter though comm the new user - login ID passing through a new Regex, like thereafter all would have a min. of five characters and no numbers, etc.

Such a special page to some users based on an event activation would be a much wanted feature.
Quote Reply
Re: [dearnet] Username: Property In reply to
Hi,

Changing a username won't be supported initially, but it may be something we look at adding later.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Username: Property In reply to
Hello Alex!

Thanks for your response.

Gave a thought to it and had an idea.

During import if there is an " @ " in the Username anywhere then it would insert a zero in the field.

Thereafter whenever a user enters the email address a change of username page is offered!

This means that a user is allowed to enter Username OR Email address in the login page!!! This would be great as it would offer a dual login systen and simply check for both in the same row of the user_data. Therefore, for e.g.

Username OR Email : Alex or alex@gossamer-threads.com

Password : ******

A second thought was that during import, if the usernames are converted to having without @ i.e. alex_gossamer-threads and the domain extension would be chopped off.