Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Admin Keyword Alert

Quote Reply
Admin Keyword Alert
Heya all,

I would love to see a feature where the admin can set keywords and receive an alert email when some registers with one of those keywords anywhere in their registration information.

I find spammers and scammers almost always include one of a handful of words in their registration information either as part of the address, secret word, email address or username... It would be great to get an email the moment someone registers using one of those words so I can lay the smack down on them! Sly

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Oct 26, 2004, 4:19 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Admin Keyword Alert In reply to
Curious to know about those words...are they rude/dirty or potentially harmful to your system?
Quote Reply
Re: [dontjinxit] Admin Keyword Alert In reply to
Nope...

Search your user DB for the standard scam locations like "lagos" or "nigeria". They not only use those in the city, state and country fields (all mixed up) but often also as the "town of birth" which is one of my secret questions and they also often form part of the username. Smile

The words are not harmful. It's that these users use my GMail aplication as a "free" email address to spam others from or to run their scams.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Oct 26, 2004, 10:35 AM
Quote Reply
Got it. Good to know.
Quote Reply
I'm almost sure, that such specific feature will be not implemented into GComm. That's only my personal opinion.
I'm sure tough, this is perfect to make a plugin based on your suggested feature.
Maybe somebody will take the idea...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...