Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Integration w/ 3rd party content management solutions

Quote Reply
Integration w/ 3rd party content management solutions
All,

Has anyone had any luck getting the user database / login abilities to work with any 3rd party solutions? I am using community w/ the gossamer forums --- Looking for a content management solution that will allow for *easy* submition of articles w/ the ability for article moderators to maintain / promote articles to front page etc. I think that links can do this, but playing with it has left me a bit confused and I'm not sure how friendly it would be to end users to submit articles / have moderators control it --- I know there are solutions out there that are built for this purpose from the ground up vs. adapting a directory solution w/ tons of mods, now if I can just mainain the 1 login concept --- Last thing I want to do is find a new forum software as I have messed with others both from the admin and end user side and definately like the Gossamer forums the best from all angles.

Any input appreciated.

------

There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.
Quote Reply
Re: [Nate_1979] Integration w/ 3rd party content management solutions In reply to
Hi,

To be honest, I've never really had much luck integrating 3rd party stuff into GComm. I tried it one time with a photo gallery script, but couldn't get the cookie/session stuff working quite right.

I've no doubt that its easy when you know how - but I'm afraid I havn't quite worked it out yet <G> (not really had the need to either ;))

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!