Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

In 2nd validation email password missing

Quote Reply
In 2nd validation email password missing
When user signs up, and requires validation, gets a validation email, with validation link, user name, password.
If user tries to log in while the account is still not validated, gets a new email, with validation info. That email, and all following validation emails does not contain the password at all!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] In 2nd validation email password missing In reply to
Thanks, I'll look into this. Not sure what can be done as the password has been one-way encrypted and is not available for emailing.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] In 2nd validation email password missing In reply to
Hehe, you are absolutely right, Alex! Smile Smile Smile I forgot this fact. Wink

However you should avoid to have the password left blank in the validation email. This will confuse the user.

Possible solution would be to mention (instead having "Password: " text), this text:
"the first validation email contains the password. If you forgot the password, then please use the following link to get a new, generated password for you: < link ... >. You will get the email to this email address: <%user@address.com%>".

Just got this idea suddenly as workaround, not sure if this is the best solution.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...