Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Date Drop down field

Quote Reply
Date Drop down field
For each user, I need to create a drop down menu. It should allow a user to select a month, then a date, then a year. any ideas? I would like them in a horizontal line. Is this possible?
Quote Reply
Re: [texhost] Date Drop down field In reply to
Hi,

Yes, I've done this for beta 3 (the age field is replaced with birthdate which is a year/month/day form field). Should be out very soon.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Date Drop down field In reply to
Great! I can't wait. I have to have this functionality for my registration to work
Quote Reply
Did this make the cut for beta three? I can't seem to find it.
Quote Reply
Yup, if you goto Database->Profile Fields, and change a form field to DATE. You'll see it show up auto generated in the forms as three fields.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Date Drop down field In reply to
Hi.

I would want to pass dates as hidden fields submitted to GC DB. However, I find that the DB always shows 0000-00-00 and if the same is made not null (three date fileds), then there are errors during signup that prof_*date cannot be left blank and after three hits the form gets submitted again with 0000-00-00 shown in DB.

I am trying to prepare for a migration to GC and GM having thses date fields i need it here too and am doing it exactly the same way as i do successfully in GM. However, i have not been able to get the dates submitted (though the source of the form shows the correct dates)...

Is it impossible to have the dates submitted through hidden fileds in GC? im on version 1.0.2

TIA
Anup

Last edited by:

anup123: Aug 4, 2004, 10:58 PM