Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

prohosting and fileman.cgi

Quote Reply
prohosting and fileman.cgi
It seems that prohosting.com free websites do not work with fileman. Somewhere in this forum is a mention of possibly why..something about the javascript and html document.

Anyway, Sitemgr at http://www.speakeasy.org/~cgires/sitemgr/

will work on free.prohosting.com accounts. I had to make the adjustment below and change the file upload bytes allowed section, but that is all. Remove the carriage returns before onClick on all such buttons, and Sitemgr works fine.

<input type=submit name=operation value='NewDir' onClick=selectAction('CrD')>

====================

I hope that fileman is fixed as its display and possible functionality is very nice and I prefer it, but unfortunately it does not work on free.prohosting.com accounts. Let me know if that changes.

Quote Reply
Re: prohosting and fileman.cgi In reply to
Have you tried the newest version of Fileman yet?

Regards,
Charlie

Quote Reply
Yes, I am using the latest version of fileman.

I just downloaded the online copy and did a file compare and it is exactly the same as the version I am using 1.01

I like the program best, but unfortunately, it won't run on prohosting.com account.

I sent the problem to the server support people and they are working on it from their end.

I was told the following, but do not know how to do it or if it is possible at all.

Take the Javascript and send the results to a Java document and then view the document from the html coding. The initial javascript being generated from fileman.cgi somehow?
I do not understand this, but anyway...there it is....what I have been told.

---------------------------
Follows is the copied text from this forum somewhere...
---------------------------
The cgi script has the following lines:

var i, invalidChar;

for (i=0; i<validString.length; i++) {
if (validString.charAt(0) == '.') {

which always end up in html file as:

var i, inValidChar;
for (i=0; i if (validString.charAt(0) == '.')

{It's somehow losing the "<validString.length; i++){".
I guess this is a problem with the server?
Quote Reply
Try the other latest version: v 1.16 :)

Click on the "Email" link at the top of the forum and read the welcome message from Alex. Fileman 2 is attached to that message.

Regards,
Charlie

Quote Reply
Using EditPage program with free.prohosting.com works out-of-box. It is not as nice as fileman or fileman2, but it works on the free-accounts. fileman or fileman2 both work on paid-for accounts of prohosting.com as far as I know.

The new fileman2 is very nice, but needs a diskusage display and a help file. We are still looking into all the options.....so hope they work as well as all the ones already tried.

Fileman2 has a nice online simple html coding editor.