Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

extra blanks spaces at end of edited files

Quote Reply
extra blanks spaces at end of edited files
I've noticed this on both my install and the demo provided here at gossamer. If I edit a .php file, there are extra blank spaces added at the end of the file when I open it. I have to be careful to always go and delete them before saving the file, or it causes problems (I'm using a PostNuke site which is sensitive to extra spaces at the end of files). Any idea why this happens or how to stop it? The spaces appear to be added when the file is opened for editing, because if I delete them and save it's fine.
Quote Reply
Re: [dboy] extra blanks spaces at end of edited files In reply to
You can get rid of it by modifing the file_edior.html like:

<textarea name="content" cols="<%if cols%><%cols%><%else%>100<%endif%>" rows="<%if rows%><%rows%><%else%>20<%endif%>" wrap='off'><%if content%><%content%><%endif%></textarea>

Instead of:

<textarea name="content" cols="<%if cols%><%cols%><%else%>100<%endif%>" rows="<%if rows%><%rows%><%else%>20<%endif%>" wrap='off'><%if content%><%content%><%endif%>
</textarea>

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] extra blanks spaces at end of edited files In reply to
Thanks for the fix - it took me a minute to figure out what the difference was :)

Is there a reason the line's split by default? Seems to me like it causes problems but has no good reason to be that way.