Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Uninstall part 2

Quote Reply
Uninstall part 2
Hey all, let me first say, yes, I did read all previous threads about this subject, found no answer...

I have ben trying to uninstall Fileman and failed... it's a nice script... but.. yeah.. so anyways, I need this to be goners but it won't, I do not have Telnet or SSH access to the cobalt server... any ways I can get rid of this without these things? I only have CuteFTP... I know, it might suck.. but please help me out with this... Cheers...
Quote Reply
Re: [sf_rrr_77] Uninstall part 2 In reply to
In a word, no, you can't delete it with just FTP access.

You could trying uploading this script and it "may" work:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

`rm -rf /path/to/fileman`;

Change /path/to/fileman with the full correct path. That command will nuke the fileman directory and contents...beware.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 30, 2002, 3:34 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Uninstall part 2 In reply to
d00d, thanx, but... I can't upload in the server anymore, gives the same error as I had when trying to delete the files... here you go, below.. this is starting to suck... ARGH, how can people screw up this bad with a program and not be able to get it fixed correctly.. I mean, this should not be possible...MadMadMad
Code:
COMMAND:> PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (216,234,235,117,32,96).
COMMAND:> STOR test.cgi
550 test.cgi: Permission denied
ERROR:> File error
COMMAND:> pwd
257 "/web/cgi-bin" is current directory.
COMMAND:> TYPE A
200 Type set to A.

Quote Reply
Can you chmod your cgi-bin or do nothing at all?...if you can, chmod it to 777 and try uploading again...if not you'll need to get your host to fix it.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Uninstall part 2 In reply to
tried it, doesn't work.. and the big chief behind the servers can't get it fixed either... argh.. what's going on? can't chmod, can't do anything, not uploads, no nothing... this suxxors... thanx to just one script....
Quote Reply
I would say this has nothing to do with Fileman. FM doesn't do anything to your site. Sounds like your host installed it to limit your access to various things and doesn't want it removed. If you don't like it, change hosts.
Quote Reply
Yeah this isn't fileman.

>>
and the big chief behind the servers can't get it fixed either
<<

That sounds a bit lame...are you sure he knows what he's doing?.....pretty much anything can be fixed with root access.