Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
Internal Server Error
When I upload the files into my cgi-bin and go to install.cgi I just get "Internal Server Error". Any help?
Quote Reply
Re: [munky] Internal Server Error In reply to
did you set the chmod to 755?

greetz
salow
Quote Reply
Re: [munky] Internal Server Error In reply to
Had the same problem this morning. Had the permissions set correctly and thought I'd uploaded the install.cgi file in ASCII (text) and the install.dat file in Binary using IE's FTP program, which is supposed to be able to automatically distinguish between the different types of files to be uploaded. Still got the Internal Server error message. Went to another FTP Client provided by my web host (this one offered a choice of how to upload -- ASCII or Binary -- which IE FTP doesn't offer (you get what you pay for sometimes, though it has worked well for everything else) Deleted all the old files and uploaded the files again. No more Internal Server Errors.

*** Another Note: I just tried to answer another question regarding the uploading of Fileman to the cgi-bin, and then not being able to view your root folders. Web hosts may set different paths to cgi... mine didn't work so I uploaded the whole program again to the root and could then access all the files on my server.

Good luck and hope this helps ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: [jannn] Internal Server Error In reply to
Ya, check the chmod on the files to 755 and the upload method used.
I used Smartftp to upload mine in auto mode and works all the time when uploading the files to determine how to upload files.

Wink