Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

I'm Confused Too

Quote Reply
I'm Confused Too
Hi Charlie,
Well, here goes. I have fileman built into my website for uploading
and downloading. I have set up two directories. I would like to password
protect both, so only certain peolple can access the files
uploaded and downloaded. When building the directories, do I tell it then to password protect
or do I go under that little word pass after setting up the directories? I hope this doesn't
confuse you, as I really don't know how else to explain it.
Thanks, Rosemary
Quote Reply
Re: [rosemary] I'm Confused Too In reply to
Hi.....I was kinda hinting in my last post that you can just reply in the same thread rather than starting new ones for each question. It helps others in the future when searching for the answer to something.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 3, 2001, 8:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [rosemary] I'm Confused Too In reply to
OK, I think I got it now! First, if you click on the 'Reply' link on the right side of the subject in my post, we can keep all the posts in the same thread and make it much easier to follow.

Once you have FileMan open, you will need to 'chdir' to your www or your public_html directory. That's the one where you put your html files. If you haven't already made the directory, go down to the 'Make New Directory' area and type in the name for the new directory and press the Make New Directory button. Now find your new directory in the list and click on the 'pass' link. Enter the user name and password you want and then click the 'Add' button. You're all done! Now you can test it out in a browser and see if it worked. Type in the address (http://www.your_domain_name.com/protected_directory_name/) and see what happens. Let me know if that doesn't work or if I completely missed the point.

Regards,
Charlie