Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

How do I delete directories and start from scratch???

Quote Reply
How do I delete directories and start from scratch???
Hellooooo

I am trying to start again with Fileman cos half the stuff on there is there by mistake. I want to get it back to how it was before i uploaded anything because i have edited my site and have added frames and now i cant seem to view the site.

Ive got directories on there that i want to remove and when i click delete, they are still there. How do i delete them and start all over?

Cheers

Abs Tongue
Quote Reply
Re: [AbigailEllis] How do I delete directories and start from scratch??? In reply to
Two threads down:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Ideally use ssh/telnet:

rm -rf /path/to/fileman
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] How do I delete directories and start from scratch??? In reply to
hiya

i dont want to delete fileman, i just want the minimum folders in it so that i can try and upload my site from scratch. it says index.htm is non-writeable and there is nothing in the viewing area. I want to remove all directories including the one containing index.htm and then start over.

i didnt understand the last part of your message, i am VERY new to all this!

abi
Quote Reply
Re: [AbigailEllis] How do I delete directories and start from scratch??? In reply to
Is fileman not deleting them or is it ftp giving a permission denied error?

If they aren't deleting they may need to have their permissions/ownership changed.

Last edited by:

Paul: May 2, 2002, 3:45 AM
Quote Reply
well im checking say one box next to the ND CAD folder and then clicking delete. it then comes up with a box saying:

Do you want to remove all child files and directories in this directories?

ND CAD Website

Remove Remove All Skip Cancel

I have tried Remove and Remove All but they are still there!

Abs
Quote Reply
Can you try from ftp and see what happens?
Quote Reply
i went into FTP and all that was in there was index.htm which is the old version of my site. i deleted it and then dragged the new index.htm file across as well as the frame files and image files (guessing here!)

still cant view the site properly. www.nd-cad.co.uk

dont know where ive gone wrong without being able to delete the whole lot. am waiting on a reply from ISEE.

abi