Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Fileman 3.0.0 Single - Any plans to support gzipped archives?

Quote Reply
Fileman 3.0.0 Single - Any plans to support gzipped archives?
Hi there

I see that Fileman supports archiving to either Zip, or Tar archives, but not compressing the latter, using Gzip, for example. Are there any plans (or perhaps patches, configuration tips) to enable Gzipping of Tar archives?

The function is named 'compress' yet Tar only archives and doesn't compress! Much software is distributed in Gzipped Tarballs, so it's somewhat perplexing that this functionality has been omitted.

Thanks
Dale
Quote Reply
Re: [fastfoo] Fileman 3.0.0 Single - Any plans to support gzipped archives? In reply to
Hi,

You may be better emailing Gossamer directory (support at gt.net). They may well have a patch, or could do this for you as a custom job. I'm afraid I don't really work with FileMan as I do all my stuff using real SFTP/Telnet, so have no need for it. Otherwise I may well have come up with a plugin/hack =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [fastfoo] Fileman 3.0.0 Single - Any plans to support gzipped archives? In reply to
Hi fastfoo,

FileMan DOES support tar.gz archiving.

I use FileMan and .gz archiving myself.

Are you running FileMan under Windows by any chance?

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins