Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Fileman + Mozilla

Quote Reply
Fileman + Mozilla
Has file man always used Mozilla's wyciwyg:// built in protocol for it's bottom and top frame elements?

It seems to messing around with Mozilla. Here's the URL of my top frame for example: wyciwyg://0//a/place/on/server/filemanscript?fdo=cmd_main_display&def_load=1&

Now, what's happening -
I can dupe this every time with Mozilla 0.9.8 ( build id 2002020208 ).
I start off with the normal middle screen of folders and files. I drill down two folders and locate a file I want to edit.
Do to my server's CGI wrapper ( I installed FileMan under wrapper to allow me to suEXEC the script ), I'm unable to use the links in the middle frame, I know why, it's a different issue.
So, I click on the check box, and click "Edit" in the bottom frame ( it too has a wyciwyg url ). I get teh edit window just fine.
Then, I click back. Instead of going back to the file with my file in it, I go back *one* more level down ( ie ffrom /root/folder/editor to /root/folder ).
Then, Mozilla is messed up. I can't use the commands in the bottom menu. I hit back again, and my *top* menu turns into the same menu in my bottom one.

When this happens, I'm forced to relog and try again.

Just did it again .. here's a simple way to find it:
Logged in, went into a folder, hit back, nothing happened. Hit back again and the top frame turned into the same menu as bottom. Hit forward ( couple times ) and I get the bottom frame menu, full windowed ( no frame ). Using the wyciwyg URL.

Now, to ask you all, is there anyway to one, fix this. And two, to *force* Mozilla not to use the wyciwyg protolcol?

Thank
Philipp Gabbert
gp@gpentre.net

PS: Here's my sysinfo: http://www.gpcentre.net/tmp/sysinfo.txt
I've intentionally took out the user/pass and mutated the URLs do the fact of fileman's required secutiry.
Quote Reply
Re: [guice] Fileman + Mozilla In reply to
Oh, quick note - It works with IE and doesn't use the wyciwyg based URl, thus why it leads me to that as the culprit in Mozilla.