Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Can this be done With FileMan

Quote Reply
Can this be done With FileMan
I have Gmail on five domains.

dynamic Virtual Hosting has been integrated with the database of GM 2.1 where each GM account holder gets 5MB of hosting on subdomain with cgi-bin support. The username and password database is used of GM 2.1 for ftp to account. No shell access is given to such hosting accounts.

The accounts of hosting on subdomain of a given GM domain is just activated on click of a button and agreeing to Terms and Conditions. The user gets a site address like:

GMUserName.Domain.XXX where xxx could be com, net, info, biz etc. This has been implemented by a third party service provider on custombuilt basis.

Now the Question:

Much in the way that "Dynamic virtual Hosting" has been integrated with the GM 2.1 with each user having his home directory on server defined can FileMan be used similarly integrated to GM so that each user Can upload / manipulate files on his home directory thru fileman instead of signing up and all that.

If this would not be possible, then I am also exploring the Free Midnight Commander version.

Thnx

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Can this be done With FileMan In reply to
Hmmmm,

It seems no one cares to answer. Probably I should start looking for options :-(

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi,

Either I have not expressed the requirements correctly or this would,t be replied. Should I stop considering for waiting.....?

Anup
Quote Reply
Hi Anup,

Yep, it can be done. I've been working on a free hosting control panel using FileMan. I have a link in my templates very similar to the link in the GMail admin. As long as the user is authorized (same auth as GMail), fileman pops up in a new window. I use a sub similar to the fileman sub in the GMail admin.cgi but I pull all of the data for the config out of a MySQL table. I hope that is what you were asking.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Can this be done With FileMan In reply to
Hi,

Thnx for reply. just Pm'ed you with details.

Anup
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Can this be done With FileMan In reply to
Hi Charlie,

Just check the following URL.

http://www.mywebsystems.com/products/ftppro/

The deom canbe seen at

http://www.mywebsystems.com/cgi-bin/ftpdemo.cgi

Thnx

Anup