Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
search problem
When i search for anything from the search form, i get an error "Unknown Tag: Cat" Why do i get this? It was working fine, it just started all of a sudden.

Quote Reply
Re: search problem In reply to
Because you have a undefined tag in your search.html file...Look for <Ęt%> in your search.html file...then DELETE it.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply elliot.
I am assuming your speaking of the search.html template. I have checked it and all tags appear correct. I also checked the home, category, search results, and search error templates. Also, i made sure each of those type tags were on its own line. Is this what you were referring to? is there anything else it could be. I am still receiving the Unknown Tag: Category error.

Quote Reply
Welp...you still have the Category tag in your search.html TEMPLATE FILE! Because that is what the error is telling you. Check the file completely!!

And if it is in your search results you are getting the error...

You need to use < % category_results%> (without the spaces).

Trust me...you have Category in one of your search TEMPLATE files!

Regards,

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
ok, after trying a search on the advanced search page, it worked. The problem was with the small search boxes on the home and category pages. I have studied the old templates as well as the new ones, and found the problem. here is the new template search form < has been changed to ( so it would show properly:
(form ACTION="<% db_cgi_url%>/search.cgi" METHOD="POST">
(input TYPE="text" NAME="query2" SIZE="30">
(input TYPE="submit" NAME="Submit2" VALUE="Search">
(/form>
It seems dreamweaver changed the query and submit and added a 2 on them. I have taken the 2 off and it is working.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
It seems dreamweaver changed the query and submit and added a 2 on them. I have taken the 2 off and it is working.
Ya know...searching the forum would've been a wise decision on your part...I just assisted another LINKS users who was using Front Page (I know...different than DreamWeaver) with a similar search problem. The problem with most WYSIWYG editors, like DreamWeaver, is that it messes up tags for templated cgi/perl programs (not to mention ASP files).

But, glad you figured it out.

Regards,

Eliot Lee