Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

nph-verify.pl problems on winnt

Quote Reply
nph-verify.pl problems on winnt
Has *anyone* gotten the verify script to work for them? I can't seem to get it to work! For some reason it does this:

Can't locate links.cfg in @INC at c:\vservers\lovehost\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-verify.pl line 33.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at c:\vservers\lovehost\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-verify.pl line 39.
HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Content-type: text/html

Error Loading System Libraries. Reason: Can't locate links.cfg in @INC at c:\vservers\lovehost\cgi-bin\links\admin\nph-verify.pl line 33.

(I have to download nph-verify.pl with notepad to get that message.. it doesn't appear in the browser.) If I then change:

require "links.cfg";

to:

require "c:/vservers/lovehost/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

It tries to download the nph-verify.pl script again (I assume it's not returning html headers) and then it just hangs on "106 bytes downloaded". It's a weird problem. Does anyone have a solution or have they gotten it to work without errors? I'd really like to be able to use this feature and would appreciate any advice you could give me. One note, my version of perl is 5.00307 instead of the required 5.004. Would that make much of a difference? (at first i was getting errors about the perl version so I changed that require to 5.00307. Thanks for your help!

LoveAngel
Quote Reply
Re: nph-verify.pl problems on winnt In reply to
Hi,

You should probably try upgrading perl, as IO::Socket is meant to only work on 5.004.. I'm not sure what will happen on older versions of perl. You can find it at:

http://www.activestate.com/activeperl/

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Re: nph-verify.pl problems on winnt In reply to
Alex,

Thanks! The upgraded perl solved the problem! Smile

LoveAngel