Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Win 2000 help!!!

Quote Reply
Win 2000 help!!!
I have just changed from a unix server to a win2000 server, and let me tell u its been hell, I dont recommend it to anyone!
Anyway I came across a few problems which I dont understand or things which dont work! The main one the is the sendmail using blat.exe, and before anyone starts I have read nearly every post about this bloody blat.exe which is getting very annoying.
Well I tried c:/winnt/system32/blat.exe -t, it finds the program and excutes the send mail saying the newsletters have been sent, however when I go back and check my indox nothing! I tried smtp using my domain name, but it only sends to my domain name email address and no one elses! what I am I doing wrong? smtp solution? is there something missing which is not allowing other email addresses to be send?

Apart from that, the other problem is that I am getting a lot of 'CGI Time OUTS' on my add.cgi, search.cgi etc? does anyone know whats happening? is it my server?

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

WAVP

Quote Reply
Re: Win 2000 help!!! In reply to
In Reply To:
what I am I doing wrong?
How have you configured BLAT mail?

Did you follow the instructions and use your ROOT email address as the configuration email address for BLAT?

FOR SMTP, you should be able to use something like:

Code:

$db_smtp_server = 'yourdomain.com';

Make sure that you SET one of the mail variables. Setting both will cancel each other out and the emails will not be sent.

In Reply To:
Apart from that, the other problem is that I am getting a lot of 'CGI Time OUTS' on my add.cgi, search.cgi etc? does anyone know whats happening? is it my server?
Definitely, your server. Windows servers were not built to run Perl scripts very efficiently...that is why MS created an internal "cgi" application ==> Active Server Pages (ASP).

Regards,

Eliot Lee