Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Help installing Links on IIS

Quote Reply
Help installing Links on IIS
I am a expert at unix but i dont know jack about IIS. I am trying to install Links. I downloaded the IIS patch and it did not do anything but make a different error message. I think that i may have to set the file permissions but i do not know how to do that on a IIS server. Can someone please tell me how.

Here is the actual error, maby it will help you find out what my problem is.

Error including libraries: Can't locate d: entexSerswebresourcecenter.comi-bininksdmininks.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: d:\tentex\users\webresourcecenter.com\cgi-bin\links\admin C:\Perl\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\5.00502\lib C:\Perl\site\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\site\5.00502\lib C:\Perl\site\lib .) at d:\tentex\users\webresourcecenter.com\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.cgi line 45.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for any help

Quote Reply
Re: Help installing Links on IIS In reply to
It's telling you that you'ce defined paths incorrectly.

It cannot find your links.cfg file.

You might want to try changing the require line in the .cgi files to point to the entire path to links.cfg to see if that helps.

--Mark

------------------
You can reach my by ICQ at UID# 8602162

Quote Reply
And from that error message, I'd say you are using backslashes '\' instead of forward slashes '/'. Always you forward ones..

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
ok, this time i got past that error but now i have another one.

the message says:

Error including libraries: Can't locate d: entexSerswebresourcecenter.comi-bininksdmin/category.def in @INC (@INC contains: d:\tentex\users\webresourcecenter.com\cgi-bin\links\admin C:\Perl\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\5.00502\lib C:\Perl\site\5.00502\lib/MSWin32-x86-object C:\Perl\site\5.00502\lib C:\Perl\site\lib .) at d:\tentex\users\webresourcecenter.com\cgi-bin\links\admin/links.cfg line 116.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

if you want to see my links.cfg file goto
http://www.webresourcecenter.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg
Quote Reply
ok, now i totally got it to work. there is just one little problem. it will not create any dirs. i have to go and make them my self and then it will make the pages. Is that normal. or is it suppost to make them itself.
Quote Reply
What version if IIS are you using? I found with IIS3 I had to set some pretty undesirable permissions to get it all to work.. (EG: all allowed by everone sort of stuff)

With IIS4 you can manipulate directory and file permissions a bit more independantly and with IUSER_xxxxx a bit more.

-john