Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Day 7 and Counting: But I've Made Progress! Question:

Quote Reply
Day 7 and Counting: But I've Made Progress! Question:
Okay, I've now made progress. By changing all the files from .cgi to .pl, and all internal file references from .cgi to .pl, I now get a frameset when calling up the admin.pl file. Frown

On Netscape (but not IE), I get the message "Netscape is unable to locate the server [server name]" for each of the three frames -- though the frameset itself, as I said, displays correctly. On IE, I get the famous "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" within each of three frame windows.

Suggestions?

------------------
Stephen C. Nill
CharityChannel.com, the online project of American Philanthropy Review

(949) 589-5938

CharityChannel.com

[This message has been edited by CharityChannel (edited June 03, 1999).]

Quote Reply
Re: Day 7 and Counting: But I've Made Progress! Question: In reply to
[oeps]

[This message has been edited by chrishintz (edited June 03, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Day 7 and Counting: But I've Made Progress! Question: In reply to
Well, I finally got Links up and running. I was entering the .cgi information in Microsoft Management Console at the wrong directory. Took me nine days to trace this down. On the bright side, I know MUCH more about NT Server than before. Smile

Several postings on these forums suggested that the solution to my problem of getting NT to work with Links was to rename all the .cgi files to .pl (and all internal references as well). That seems to have worked for others but in my case, the solution was simply going into Microsoft Management Console, clicking on Default Web Site, opening Properties, opening Home directory, opening configure, and adding D:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe %s %s with the .cgi extension. I didn't have to rename files. Smile

Well, I'm at least on base. I know I have more to learn to get this configured and so forth so I'll definitely be back on this forum.

------------------
Stephen C. Nill
CharityChannel.com, the online project of American Philanthropy Review

(949) 589-5938

CharityChannel.com