Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

CGI ERROR Can't locate FileHandle.pm

Quote Reply
CGI ERROR Can't locate FileHandle.pm
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Can't locate FileHandle.pm in @INC at C:/xitami/cgi-bin/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xitami/cgi-bin/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.

Hi have the file correct !!

I'm disesperated

Sos

Quote Reply
Re: CGI ERROR Can't locate FileHandle.pm In reply to
Sounds like your hosting company has not installed all the Perl modules or recent Perl package. Tell your hosting company to upgrade their Perl package OR upgrade their Perl modules.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
I'm getting the same error when trying to add links (http://www.freegolfinfo.com/links).

The error message I get is:

Error Message : fatal error: syntax error at C:\perl\lib/FileHandle.pm line 3, near "use 5.003_11"
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/64.224.47.45/cgi-bin/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.

Script Location : D:\64.224.47.45\cgi-bin\links\add.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00307

Is that the wrong version of Perl as you mentioned or is it something else? I have searched the Forum extensively and not found a solution.

Quote Reply
You need to be using at least Perl 5.005, as clearly stated in the Products page for Links 2.0 and in the README file.

Again..your hosting company is using an older version of Perl that does not include the FileHandle.pm module.

Do one of the following:

1) Tell your hosting company to upgrade to Perl 5.00503 or above.

2) Switch hosting companies.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks Elliot.

I thought Interland would be up to speed on the latest Perl. Guess thev'e been too busy upgrading to WIN2000 servers.

Any dedicated NT hosts you can recommend?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Nope.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
I install perl 5.006, and the problem persist. I run in my localhost ip 127.0.0.1., I disable in links.cfg or another file now I'm no remember, the option of sendmail to 0.

The build page, run ok, when add a new link and send, the problem is:

Error Message : fatal error: Can't locate FileHandle.pm in @INC at C:/xitami/cgi-bin/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/xitami/cgi-bin/links/admin/Mailer.pm line 23.

What is the problem with the mailer.pm ! ?

I'm understand !

Quote Reply
When you downloaded the current version of ActiveState, did you put all the .pm files in the lib directory? You should've. Also, what web server are you using on your local machine? Could be a problem in your configuration of the stand alone web server you've installed.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yes.

xitami.

The question is the last month, run all ok, the version of links download 1 year ago.

But now, for any question no run ok.

I no touch more files except the .cfg templates, etc. I think the problem is when add a resource, links search for send e-mail to sender of link, and no encounter smtp in the local machine, but i disabled the option of sendmail to 0.