Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

two links running for same customer

Quote Reply
two links running for same customer
Hello,
I have a question. I have a current links directory running and needed to add another one. I will eventually delete the first directory. I thought I could just copy the files and put them into another one and change the file name from "links" to "displays." I changed the paths to reflect the changes. I can access admin but show the original files after deleting all the data from the files. I did this through FTP and not the admin. Lucky me because any changes I make in the new directory affect the old one. What am I missing- are there more paths that I missed that should be changed for admin?

Thank for all you help! (and before you tell (yell at) me to search the forums, I already tried and keywords for this scenario aren't cutting it in the searches.
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] two links running for same customer In reply to
Could you attach a copy of links.cfg here so we can see if you've missed anything?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] two links running for same customer In reply to
Hi Andy,
I should have asked you first. You installed my original links a couple of years ago. And not a problem ever.
Should I paste the whole file here?
Quote Reply
Just attach a copy of links.cfg here in the forum, or email me at webmaster@ace-installer.com with your details on FTP/where the old one is, and the new one needs to be Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy.] two links running for same customer In reply to
I think we've nixed the double directory for now.Crazy I believe in the next few weeks we'll be looking at upgrading to Links SQL and purchasing the pay-per-click plug-in. I see that you're a designated moderator now -any thought on this program? bugs?

Once again, thanks for you help!

Meredith
Quote Reply
No..its a great program...Smile

I have been using/working with it for a few months now...and am finally getting around to playing with the globals/plugins...great features. I've never used the PPC search engine plugin...but if its by GT, I'm pretty sure it will be very good Cool

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Feel free to send me an email when you are ready to purchase and I'd be happy to take care of everythingSmile