Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

still not working.

Quote Reply
still not working.
I just changed this in the links.cfg...../cgi-bin/links

I had it as /links/cgi-bin before but its still not working.

When I try to call the admin.cgi from my browser, It promts me for a download. Why?
Obviously there's something terribly wrong here.
Quote Reply
Re: still not working. In reply to
Is your server configured to execute .cgi files? Did you confirm upload was in Ascii? Are permissions set correctly? Is the path to perl set correctly?

--mark
Quote Reply
Yes to all. I have been installing script for awhile now but this is the hardest yet.

It say I have a problem on line 69, here is the error message :Error including libraries: Illegal division by zero at /usr/home/teeniebeanies/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg line 69.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Here is the line I have in links.cfg :

$db_mail_path = '/usr/sbin/sendmail'; $db_smtp_server = '';

Any Ideas?

Quote Reply
Sorry, I had already fixed this problem. I should've replied here to let you know.
Please close this thread. Thanks,
topdog007
Quote Reply
Apparently, something before that line is not correct but perl isn't running into any problems with it until it gets to line 69. Backtrack from there and see if something else may not be terminated correctly. If you can put your links.cfg file online as a text file and provide a URL for it, we could look at it and maybe spot the problem.