Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

server error colbalt raq micro server

Quote Reply
server error colbalt raq micro server
I am trying to install version 2.0 on a colbalt raq micro server. I have a running version 1.xxx on another server it installed and runs fine. I have checked the new servers error logs I find a cgi-wrapper error. Has anyone installed this script on a raq server? Or could anyone suggest a work around the cgi-wrapper error? Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: server error colbalt raq micro server In reply to
I am attempting to install on a cobalt raq.

If you are having cgi wrap errors, it's usually down to file permissions and file locations. Go through all your paths and urls and chmods.

Usually works for me.
Quote Reply
I have 2.0 running on a RaQ2, what kind of problems are you running into?
The main problem I ran into was configuring the nph scripts but I found a fix for it if that is your problem

------------------
Charles Russell
TigerEyes.Com
http://tailchaser.tigereyes.com
Quote Reply
Russ,

I just got my raq 2 and have been playing around with it and after I installed links 2.0 I get this error
-----------------
CGIWrap encountered an error while attempting to execute this script:

Error Message: No such file or directory Error Number: 2

This message usually indicates there is a problem with the script itself. The owner
of the script needs to check the #! line for correctness.
-----------------

Do you have any suggestions? I checked the paths and urls in links.cfg and all apperas fine. I have set links up on virtual accounts and have had no problems except when I try on my new server.
Quote Reply
From my personal experience...

All CGIWrap errors encountered installing on a raq are file permission or path errors.

Without exception (others might disaggre, but after setting up two sites on raq servers, this is my experience).
Go through everything and double and triple check - you've missed something somewhere.

Also make sure the correct group ownerships are set for the scripts and the files they need to write to.

Quote Reply
Can somebody send me a RaQ-modified Version of Links? I've installed Links one time succesfully on a RaQ2 but after setting up the Language-Links-Addon nothing works.
I've deleted everything and now It seems to be impossible to get Links working (admin.cgi). Sometimes I get an Internal Server Error, sometimes a CGI-Wrap error (without changing anything).
I've removed all the HTTP-Status-Headers and checked all pathes, but nothing helps :-(
My logfile says handler " "cgi-wrapper" not found for: /home/sites/site16/web/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi" and sometimes additional "malformed header from script. Bad header=Illegal character \015 (carria: /usr/cgiwrap/cgiwrap"

Thanks for every response.
Quote Reply
I simply renamed my cgi-bin directory to cgi and everything works fine :-)