Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

search.cgi acts weird!

Quote Reply
search.cgi acts weird!
Hi!

I've noticed something strange happening when i use search.cgi and i can't figure out what's causing this behaviour.
Most of the times when i make a search, i get a page in return with the results on or a text saying nothing was found.
But sometimes i do not get a page in return but is beeing asked if i want to download a file??
It only happens with certain words. Anyone knows about this?

/Nigel

Quote Reply
Re: search.cgi acts weird! In reply to
Try downloading the file and see if it says anything inside.

Paul.
$_ = 'uYodraSdskucs'; $i = 0; while ($i++ < 11) { s/(.{2})(.)/$2$1/g; } print $_;

Quote Reply
The content of the file is actually the html for the search results, but instead of just showing it in the browser window, IE want to download it. It only happens with some searches, not all. If i try over and over again with the same search-words, it keeps thinking it's a file, but as soon as i try with other words it's working fine.
That's the "scary" thing.

Quote Reply
Example words maybe?

Andy

webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com
Quote Reply
Try searching for "bristolrovers" at www.supportersites.com.
That should trigger the error. Also i found out, that if you try to view the source in IE, the normal results-page looks fine, but when i choose to download the file after searching for "bristolrovers" and opens it in IE and want to view the source, it looks like sh*t. Looks like it doesn't return the correct CR+LF or whatever it is that causes a new line to start. Looks like the "bristolrovers" results are returned in Unix-format and the "normal" results are in Win-format?