Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

problem with database validating

Quote Reply
problem with database validating
Hi;

I have deleted a link in Links Database: Validate Links and then i hace recived a new web to validate, but when i go to "validate" it appear the only the entry i deleted before (i have reload but nothing).

I have tried to delete the old one in validate but i get:
" Error validating links:
Delete Error: 27. Couldn't find record in validation/modified database"

I have see the archive validate.db and it appear the new entry to validate but in the browser i donīt see it and validate.db donīt appear the old entry (the one gives problems).

Anyone have an idea or have understand me ? ;-)

MORE INFO:
I have upload back the file validate.db and chmod 666 and i see yet the old entry to validate that had deleted :-(

Thanks, for all.
Quote Reply
Re: problem with database validating In reply to
Hi

Is it not possible that you had already validated the record prior to receiving the email, your mail server may just be a little slow.

Good Luck

DavyC

Quote Reply
No; that is not the problem. I had received the email that inform me there was a new url to validate, but when I an in admin to validate the ONLY url to validate that appear is an old one that I had DELETED before because I didnīt accept.
If I view the file validate.db I get:

31|GSMeasy|http://www.gsmfacil.com|5-Aug-2000|gsm|Moviles GSM & UMTS, Cables, Unlock, Mensajes a moviles, Melodias, Logos y mucho mas!|GSMeasy|email@domain.com|0|No|No|0|0|Yes

But That entry donīt appear in validate.

Quote Reply
I have the same problem; however, I can validate another 10 links if I wait for ca 5-6 hours.

Please comment on this....

Regards,

Joe

=)

Quote Reply
Uh...did you even read the Thread that I referenced in your original Thread?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Sorry Eliot,

I just read it. Please accept my apologies.

Regards,

Joe