Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

problem with DEBIAN, please need help !!!

Quote Reply
problem with DEBIAN, please need help !!!
I correctly install links v2.0 with Apache, with problem that can be solve, now I transfert my site to a new server with DEBIAN 2.2, and the problem start , nothing , I still get a HTTP 500 error, or other silly error, , I even try to reinstall from scratch(from beginning), all paths or url are correct, I thnink I'm not a novice with links, but my problem is (I thinks ) DEBIAN, someone have an idea, I swimming since 2 weeks, many thanks

regards David

Quote Reply
Re: problem with DEBIAN, please need help !!! In reply to
Have you checked your perl path? Have you made sure all files were uploaded in ascii?

--mark

Installation support is provided via ICQ at UIN# 53788453. I will only respond on that number.
Quote Reply
Dear Mark

yes, I checked all my perl path (change bin/logic/perl to bin/perl) and it's right

all files are also uploades in ASCI mode to

so i think my problem come from (perhaps I'm not sure) Httpd config files,
do you have any ideas again, or a way where I can looking for, Many Many thanks in advance

Bye

best regards David

Quote Reply
Does this new server have cgiwrap installed??? This seems to cause people many problems with executing custom .cgi and .pl scripts.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
OUPS !!! you'v got me...again In reply to
Dear Eliot

Again GOD OF LINKS, save me

now I solve all my problem

indeed, my problem come from cgiwrap, (I thinks it was damaged or bad configuration, because some cgi works perfectly, and LINKS no), so I reinstall all and reconfigure my debian server and now everything rules perfectly

Many thanks and Hello from France

Best regards David,

ps : little question : now I install and configure links correctly, and it 's works perfectly, It's time for me to registers, How I can do this, thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: OUPS !!! you'v got me...again In reply to
In Reply To:
It's time for me to registers, How I can do this, thanks.
You're welcome.

Go to the Links home page where you downloaded the files and you will see Register links in that page.

Regards,

Eliot Lee