Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
nph-build
Ok, Everything went fine till now.. Run the test per Install notes, then when I click on Build I get a Page not found.. I dug through the forums, checked my settings. Tried absolute url to file in browser window, same 404.
permissons are per install..
Last ditch method I opened my Server Error log which reads 50 times :

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/project/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 36.
'Ętegory' is not a valid variable name at /home/project/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 36

I opened the nph_build.cgi looked at line 36 which is the :
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

I tried different locations to this no change. It's in the admin directory so it should be "links.cfg".
So what about the <'Ętegory'> varible, I thought it might have been corupt during u/l, so I replaced both files, same thing.

My link.cfg setting are a couple post down " Admin 404 Hostrocket "

Any clues ???
Thanx, D.Parke

Ok I don't know why it doing this but is it is.. There are five locations in the nph-build.cgi that change %catergory to Ętegory.. I went in and manually changed these back to normal and saved the file on my server, when I refreshed an viewed the file again they switched back ( beyond me ) to Ętegory.. I can't explain why, nor why it doesn't change all of them, just those five... LOL This is beyond me, but this is the problem, could they be server assigned varibles, anyway scratch your head something comes to mind plz send me a reply...
Thanx Again, D.Parke

Well its fix, haha, by itself. No idea how but everything seems to be working ok..