Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error)

Quote Reply
nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error)
I don't know why but the nph-build.cgi file will not work. I can add links, and other stuff but the nph-build.cgi and nph-verify.vgi files will not work. I keep getting a 403 error - Forbidden
Quote Reply
Re: [Big^Brute] nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error) In reply to
Its definatly a 403 error and not a 500? Also, is it CHMODed to 755? (double check, I've done it before where i thought I CHMODEd it, but in fact it didnt accept the command).

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error) In reply to
Yup it's a 403 error. I CHMOD to 755 and it still won't work
Quote Reply
yeh i have the same problem 403 error with nph-build.cgiFrown

i have triple-checked that it is chmod to 755.

PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE??????Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [ukriders] nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error) In reply to
I'm having the same problem - with a twist.

nph-build.cgi and the other nph- scripts used to work, but now they don't. admin.cgi is fine though, and there are no category problems.

I tried the suggestions in the post about Cobalt RAQ servers, but to no avail. I'm not sure what server the host is using in any case (other than Apache).

Permissions are definitely okay, and everything has been uploaded in ASCII mode except for the images. I even deleted the whole tree and uploaded again, resetting permissions.

Just in case you can tell from this, Perldiver reports:-

Perl Executable: perl
Perl Version: 5.00503
PERL compile version OS: aix
SERVER_SOFTWARE Apache/1.3.14 (Unix) PHP/4.0.0
GATEWAY_INTERFACE CGI/1.1
Quote Reply
I'm having the exact same problem! Doesn't anyone know the answer? Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [anya chen] nph-build.cgi dosen't work (403 error) In reply to
What is reported in your error log?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] nph-build.cgi doesn't work (403 error) In reply to
According to my host's logtail script, absolutely nothing. Then again, it is supposed to show the last 50 errors for the entire server, and shows nothing at all.Crazy

The most annoying thing is that it was working on the hosted site, and still does work on my own local (NT) test server.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] nph-build.cgi doesn't work (403 error) In reply to
Did you try simply re-naming the nph-build.cgi script to something like build.cgi? Some servers like RAQ that don't support NPH very well, changing the file name has worked.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] nph-build.cgi doesn't work (403 error) In reply to
I hadn't tried that before, but doing so gave a 500 error instead.
Quote Reply
Did you use the default copy that came with the Links 2.0 distribution set of files? And then did you rename that file (specifying the correct PERL path in the first line of the file)?

Check the syntax of your script:

perl -c build.cgi

OR

perl -c nph-build.cgi
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] nph-build.cgi doesn't work (403 error) In reply to
The file is exactly as found in the .zip archive, and no editing was done or needed.

As I mentioned earlier, it used to work, and now doesn't, so it's most likely because of something the (free) host changed in their setup.

It works on my own local server setup (after I've changed the paths). If it helps, the host is portland.co.uk a.k.a. port5.com

I'd change hosts if I knew of somewhere else (free) that supports the use of your own domains and subdomains, and that the script does work at.

If it's a problem with more recent versions of Apache/Perl or whatever, the problem would surface again later though.
Quote Reply
If it is definitely a 403 error you should contact your host. It doesn't seem Links2 related.