Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

major "refresh" problems

Quote Reply
major "refresh" problems
Good'ay
I am fairly new to perl, my experience is limited to installing and minor modifications.

My problems with links ver 2 are -

I set the script up as per the instructs and everything was working fine - I had entered about 25 links - and then "BOOM" these problems started to occur.

Firstly when I add a new link either through admin or as a user I am unable to validate it.

First click on validate comes up with "no records to validate" message. If I continue to click on the validate button a link to validate is presented. The problem is it is id No. 4 and I had created about 25 links.

I have sinced deleted the whole script, re- downladed and re-installed (twice) and the same thing is happening. (id No.4 is being presented to validate even though my whole script is new)

E-mails are being sent correctly and the links are in validate.db.

Secondly when I try and build (either build all, staggered or staggered auto) I keep getting previous builds on my screen. If I keep clicking I get to build and lo and behold the links I couldn't validate are loaded.

I have searched these boards for an answer and I have now just about got no hair left.

I hope some-one can see what the problem is (I have no doubt I cant see the fire through the smoke).

I have cleaned all cache files repeatedly.

server = unix
opsys = win98

regards
Quote Reply
Re: major "refresh" problems In reply to
Ok

I've upgraded my browser to IE5 reloaded links and I am still having validate problems.

validate.db has two user records in it (ID No.6 & 8 - No7 was created by admin). When I click on validate links first I receive "no records to validate" message and then links IDs 4&5 (which have already been validated) are presented.

Any ideas/solutions.

cheers

Quote Reply
Can you post a URL, so that I can see this happening?

Thanks, Smile

------------------
Ken Chidlow
chidlow@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Okay, when you first installed the script, did you open each of the files in 'data' directory and see if there's something that Alex didn't delete such as the ones in links.db and linksid.txt . Just delete the stuff in the file and if some files contains number, change it to '0'. Upload 'em all and try again, and if you still face the same problem, then I am not very sure.
Quote Reply
Thanks Eddie

I found that linksid.txt had the No.2 and categoryid.txt had the No.1 in them.

I've done as you suggested however it has not worked.

I have re installed the script in a new directory and the same thing is happening.

Woe is me.

cheers
Quote Reply
Fixed - sort of.

Installed Netscape and everything works fine.

Problem remains on IE though.

Cheers